24 Raceway?????

Anybody know what if anything is happening at 24 raceway in Moberly, MO in 2011. I have heard some rumors.......:confused:

word on the street is they will run Sunday nights with same classes as the track in Memphis,Mo.Would be UMP mods,ULMA Late models,B mods,Hobby stocks,and stock cars.Hope it happens but we will see.

Thought they said IMCA mods. Sounds like it going to happen for sure. The ULMA deal is not for sure yet but sounds pretty likely.

Yes it will be running sunday's,Rick Girard got the track and it will be UMP sanctioned just as he is doing with scotland county speedway.
(A-mods, B-mods, Stock Cars, Hobby Stocks, Hornets)
ULMA Late models are not on the list yet, but i was working on trying to get us in there. They need sponsors for the class inorder to make this happen.
If you know of any let me know so i can pursue this more

Thanks
Danny Lorton
dlorton@ulmaracing.com

speculation

I think this is all a lot of wishful thinking and maybe some winter bench racing. First off they would have to compete with Quincy on Sunday nights and alot of the drivers go to Quincy so who would they favor. Second to be UMP they would have to run Hoosiers and they would burn up tires due to the asphalt under the clay. Third does anyone realize what is involved on a daily basis to keep 1 track going much less 2. Track prep alone would keep you busy. May look good on paper but I dont see it happening or maybe like the old 24 raceway for half a season. Good luck Rick..

go back to sat. nite, lake ozark isn't opening this year. maybe you could reel in those cars from there.

IMO, and I do hope it all goes well, until the city of Moberly and surrounding areas begin to support the track, it won't ever become much. Local Business don't take the place serious enough i guess. Maybe because of it's shakiness over the long term? Dirt, pavement, dirt on the pavement, lackluster turnouts, the alienation of the rules with other local tracks, all these things make the community commitment phobic. Now it's been so long it the only reputation it has is not good. It takes a long time to turn around a bad opinon someone might have about it. I don't understand why they don't take advantage of the track largest asset. The land. Car shows, swapmeets, Go karts, craft fairs, Youth soccer leagues, Concerts, Carnivals, Etc...
Obviously the status quo of making enough money to stay open for next week isn't working. There isn't enough money on the racing by itself to sustain that as a legitimate business.

I do like the place and Hope Rick makes it work.

Danny I have someone interested in helping. I will see what they can do and contact you so I can get them in contact with Rick. They are too busy to even discuss what I need and we are counting down the days to start the season. I will push it as hard and fast as I can. To me I'd be willing to lose some of my possible sponsorship just to get Moberly to run ULMA.
As far as the comments about competing with Quincy, you got to be kidding. There's plenty that could come from Mid Missouri to make a decent showing, the possible car counts they could have if they are able to actually get it to work properly and effeciently could be very impressive. Problem is reputation, I do like the idea of running Saturdays though. But there is so many other places to run Saturdays that Sundays might be the best way to heal the reputation.

Back