27 sprints at MMP

westlingracing

Race or Die
A good 27 or more sprints and a good amount of vintage cars. Perfect weather in the low 80's. Gonna be a good night of racing!!!!!

Don't know many names but johnathan Cornell won. Was an awesome night only a couple cautions and the vintage class had 14 cars and came down to a 3 wide finish!

I agree the 28 Cornell getting thru lap traffic at the end for the win was incredible driving. Track looked to be in perfect shape tonight also, good work MMP crew...

This was a really good show. There was a good turnout of ASCS Warrior regulars and there were also some guys who don't run with them on a regular basis (Crawley, Gray, Bell, etc). The track was in good shape and there was definitely good side by side racing. I've never seen the GVRA before and it was definitely neat to see the older cars. Hopefully MMP was happy with the turnout and will have more winged sprint races (and I'd like to see non-wing sprints or midgets too) in the future.

Dan Nelson

Wow is all I can say. That was an awesome race and the track was perfect. This was my first time at the new and improved MMP and all I can say is that they really cleaned that place up, its a beautiful facility with a very nice staff of workers. I hope Casey considers having more sprint car races, all of the drivers I talked to said they wished MMP had weekly sprint shows. Hopefully the turn out last night has Casey thinking about more open wheel shows.

Casey, please repeat this show in 2012. Maybe next time westbound 70 won't be closed and more people will be able to get to the track on time. There are plenty of sprint cars in Missouri that need a new home since LOS closed, can you bring them here each week? No need to compete with I-55 or Highland for these cars on Saturdays.

Back