Adjustable shocks

J. Smith

BigJim
I heard 3 or 4 people was caught with adjustable shocks at Pevely and nothing was done. Are we allowed adjustable shocks now. If it is still in the rules no adjustable shocks and they was running them any way, makes me wonder what else is illegal on their cars. Hope an Allied official will respond with a clarification of the shock rule.

I think the way the rule is written it was intended for no adjustable shocks. But it isn't worded that way. So they are asking cars to take them off. I know of one car at belleville that was made to take them off. But the way the rules are worded technically they would be legal.

I heard 3 or 4 people was caught with adjustable shocks at Pevely and nothing was done. Are we allowed adjustable shocks now. If it is still in the rules no adjustable shocks and they was running them any way, makes me wonder what else is illegal on their cars. Hope an Allied official will respond with a clarification of the shock rule.

No adjustable shocks allowed and as I said in another post, you heard wrong, didn't happen!

Shocks or not

There is a shock claim !!!! Buy the shocks

I have some used ones, would buy new ones if allowed. Was told at beginning of year they was not allowed. If the rules changed, it should be announced. That is the reason for the post. I really don't care who had them, if anyone had them, or if anyone gets mad because I asked the question on here. So if I offended any one all well. Can we run them, Or will points be taken if they are caught on a car. Simple question, just need a simple answer!

I think the way the rule is written it was intended for no adjustable shocks. But it isn't worded that way. So they are asking cars to take them off. I know of one car at belleville that was made to take them off. But the way the rules are worded technically they would be legal.

Thanks Wahoo for being Honest on the subject, you have earned my respect sir !

i think claims are put in the rules when the sanctioning body doesnt want to address a situation.

i have said for years that the sportsman shock rules should be: any steel shock, with no canister and no schrader valve.

jmo

I have some used ones, would buy new ones if allowed. Was told at beginning of year they was not allowed. If the rules changed, it should be announced. That is the reason for the post. I really don't care who had them, if anyone had them, or if anyone gets mad because I asked the question on here. So if I offended any one all well. Can we run them, Or will points be taken if they are caught on a car. Simple question, just need a simple answer!

I answered the question in my post, adjustable shocks, schrader valves, canisters, not allowed.

Heck,purestock guys can buy stock mount adjustable shocks for there cars. They are out there and running every weekend.

Back