Alex Shanks and Shane Wade Racing team up to run O'Reilly Midwest All Star Series in 2009

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Camargo, IL (4-7-09) – by Kelly Brown – Public Relations Director – With the clock ticking down to the opening race at Lawrenceburg Speedway, the 2009 O’Reilly Midwest All Star Series added another car to their roster today as it was announced that Alex Shanks will be driving the 39w for Shane Wade Racing.

“I would like to thank Shane for the opportunity to drive one of his sprint cars,” expressed Shanks. “I am excited about running a full 2009 Midwest All Star Series schedule, and I am hoping it will be a positive season for both Shane and I.”

Alex Shanks began his foray into the racing world as many young drivers do in the go-karting ranks. During his 10 year stint driving go-karts Shanks collected numerous wins along with three Illinois State titles. In 1990 he turned his focus to sprint cars and has been driving them ever since. He currently has 26 career wins in various series, with 18 of those coming in winged sprint competition. Currently Shanks is the only three-time champion of the Midwest Sprint Car Series (2004, 2005, and 2006).

Team owner Shane Wade will be facing off against Shanks weekly with the Midwest All Stars. The owner and driver began his racing career in 2002 and has been pursing this style of racing every since. Wade, the grandson of legendary 410 winged sprint car driver Chuck Amati, already has one Midwest All Star victory to his credit along with three other top-ten finishes.

Don’t miss a minute as the teammates duel at Lawrenceburg Speedway this weekend in Midwest All Star Series Action. On Saturday May 9th gates will open at 5:00 pm, with hot laps taking the track at 6:00 pm, and racing action taking the Green Flag at 7:00 pm. Tickets for adults are $22.00, ages 7-12 are $7.00, and 6 and under are free. Pit passes for the event are $30.00. For more information on the event call 812-539-4700 or visit www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com. And for the most up to date on the Midwest All Star Series visit www.midwestallstarseries.com.

Back