American Motor Racing Association “Ready to Roll”

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Member Tracks open this weekend!

Members asked to Sign Early/Get License

RACINE, OHIO-The American Motor Racing Association (AMRA) is “Ready to Roll” according to organization officials. Although the first official weekend of AMRA racing with be the April 4th weekend, some member tracks are opening their gates this weekend; namely Atomic Speedway Saturday and Legendary Hilltop Friday. (Note to Late Models: Atomic Speedway is an all-Hoosier track in 2014)

· Champions news

· AMRA License

· Track Registrations

· Mall Show

· Decal packs

Roy Roush is the defending Octane Race Products Champion and Chris Garnes is the Kryptonite AMRA Late Model champion. Both hope to defend their titles in 2014.

"It was a crazy year," said Roush. "There were times when I thought we were done last year, but everyone pitched in and got me back to the track. Shawn Donahue loaned me his engine. We won a race with it then we blew it up, but each time friends and sponsors stepped in to keep me going."
"The AMRA points' race was a huge incentive. It kept me going. It was a once in a lifetime situation and we decided we were in it to the end. We had a lot of great runs together and Kenny and I battled the entire year." said Roush who won 18 races in 2013 and 13 last year in a 2009 Jimmy Owens chassis that had two previous owners. Johnson won eleven races this season in an effort to go 4-for-4 as AMRA champion.

Roush said, “We are looking to get another championship. I have a new Coyote Chassis and we have a first class wrap on it. I hope it goes as fast as it looks!”

In 2012 Chris won 18 features, including the World of Outlaw feature at I -77 Raceway Park. Over the years Chris has won 7 track championships, 4 AMRA Championships, 1 six pack championship, and had over 55 feature wins.

The Evans, WV driver of the #42 Swartz Extreme Chassis Chris Garnes was the champion for the fourth year in a row. Garnes, who cited 2013 for having "a slow start, and a year that we struggled", still managed 14 feature wins and claimed a 1238 to 1183 point spread over second place K-C Burdette.
Garnes said, "Congratulations to these guys (other drivers) behind me for having a great year. Somehow we did this again. It wasn't a great year, but it was a good year. I would also like to thank the AMRA for giving us something to shoot for every year."

“We hope to shoot for another championship in 2014,” said Garnes. “We’ve done a lot of work in the off season to be ready and we have changed up our color scheme just a little bit. We are looking forward to another good year, and hope to get off to a better start in 2014.”

The AMRA will continue its “March Madness” sale on AMRA licenses for both Octane Modifieds and Kryptonite Late Models. Members can buy a license online at a $10 savings. The License can be purchased from the www.amramodified.com website link and paid by credit card for $65 until March 31. After this date all licenses will be $75. The intent is to get the paperwork done before race season and at the same time, give drivers/owners a break in doing so.

By the same token, drivers should check track websites for their track registration papers. This paperwork should be filled out ahead of time to help save time on opening day. Usually, opening day is a hectic time, and the AMRA urges drivers or drivers’ wives to have the forms filled out in advance.

Fans and drivers should check track websites or Facebook pages for up-to-the minute news and in case of inclement weather, or possible inclement weather, especially early in the season, fans should call before making a trip to the speedway.

With special efforts from Dr. Steven Eddy, the Grand Central Mall Race Car Show was a huge success. The AMRA was on hand to answer questions and take applications, while also giving out sponsor packets and informational items. Many AMRA drivers won awards and the AMRA commended all drivers for a first class effort in not only “professionally selling themselves”, but for “selling and promoting the sport of dirt track racing.”

Decal packets should be requested from Mike and Angie Haught, while also packets will be available from each track tech inspector. Decals should be placed accordingly as stated in the AMRA rulebook. Decals must be present to get points.

“Last night I saw Mike Ditka, HOF NFL coaching legend make a statement on TV,” said AMRA PR man Scott Wolfe. “Angry that many players sold autographs or didn’t give autographs, he said there won’t be any games to play if no one is in the stands. You have to take care of the fans. If you don’t you guys are out of business.”

“To emphasize his point Ditka used a few adjectives strategically, but the moral of the story is that everyone in racing—drivers, owners, track owners, promoters—have to take care of the fans and the sponsors; even if it is just saying hello, signing an autograph, or getting them home at a decent hour. And most of all, putting on a good show.”

Octane Race Products is the new AMRA Modified sponsor, while Kryptonite Race Cars and Tru-Tech Customs is the title sponsor for the Late Models in 2014. Other fine sponsors of the AMRA Modified series are Dave Poske’s Performance Parts, Wrisco Industries, Hoosier Racing Tire/Hoosier Tire Ohio Valley, Carthage Auto Parts, AERO Racing Wheels, Rocket Chassis, Two-Brothers Racing, Lincoln Welders & Lincoln Electric, Hypercoils, Bazell Race Fuels, Alky Racing Alcohol and Sunoco Race Fuels, Impact Racing, RCI, OTR Filters, MSD Ignition, Wilwood Brakes, Kluhsman Racing Components (KRC), Evans Vinyl Signs, Winters Performance Products, Bilstein Shocks, AFCO, PST Drive Shafts, Schoenfeld, Killer Bee Race Bodies, and Bell Racing Helmets. Look for details of the MSD Ignition Ironman Award in this release!

MSD Ignition is the official Ignition of the AMRA. Carthage Auto Parts is the official sponsor of the AMRA Rookie of the Year! Join the AMRA now!-America’s Open Wheeled Modified’s Most Competitive Series!

Drivers and Fans can seek updates on www.amramodified.com or the AMRA Facebook page. The AMRA wishes to thank to all of the racers and promoters who have supported and participated in the past and to those continuing to support and participate in the AMRA. For more information about the AMRA, visit amramodified.com or visit their facebook page.

Back