Another Jimmy Cummins racing adventure!

Debbie Cummins

Bomber Momma #19
Jimmy and Bruce are off to Central Missouri Speedway in Warrensburg, MO, about 4 hours + 45 minutes away from Troy, IL. It's real close to Kansas City, MO (a lot closer to Kansas City than Bruce thought!). They made it there OK , without any mishaps or problems this time.

More as I get phone calls from them....

Info from the track's webpage...

Central Missouri Speedway (CMS) is a high banked 3/8-Mile (on the outside) Clay Oval track located 3.5 miles north of Warrensburg, Missouri off of Highway 13.

Weekly racing takes place on Saturday nights from April to September in four divisions: 'Mighty' Modifieds (USRA), Street Stocks, B-Modifieds and Pure Stocks.

Cathy called and gave me an update on James. There are 30 B-mods there. Jimmy made the show. His text said that he ran 2nd most of his heat race, then some guy tore his driver's side door off, and he finished 3rd. Oh the carnage!

Last edited:
Oh my! Bruce just called. Jimmy's feature race was over by 10:20 p.m. Bruce was about speechless! He had trouble describing the carnage! I've never heard him like this before!

Jimmy had to run the consi. He started on the front row and finished 4th. They took the top 6 cars. Jimmy started 22nd out of 24 cars in the feature and finished 6th. Bruce tried to describe the race and just about couldn't. He actually said that he's never seen so many a$$hole drivers in one place in his life! Wow! Over 1/2 of the field wrecked! That's more than 13 cars! Jimmy spent the race dodging cars. He got nailed in the left 1/4 panel but the car was OK and it's in the trailer ready for the ride home. No real damage other than sheet metal

Bruce said Jimmy drove the race hard but had to have some sense of what was going on in front of him to avoid the wrecks. Of all the tracks that Jimmy has gone to race, this is one he doesn't want to go back to again. Wow! That's something coming from Jimmy!

Not their best road trip.

well i was somewhat distraught earlier in the night but I shouldnt say I would never go back. They had a lot of rain and the track was wet but it was very smooth. They pay great and run a good show. I was just a little shocked the way the b-mod guys were driving. I had a good time. It was cool that 3 different people came up to me to say Hi that used to live around here and knew who I was.

and i know i am dumb but there are a lot of nice tracks within 4 hours of here like this one people should visit. i know people that will go 4 hours for a concert or tee ball game why not to race?

Did you happen to meet a young man named nicholas carpenter? I follow him and he seems to be a good young racer. He got his car tore up too

We used to run our latemodels there weekly 2010-11 B mods were always carnage fests. Loved the track and they probably pay mods better than anywhere in the country. Great people there running operations, they usually keep the show rolling.

Heck for awhile you used to see the same thing in the A-mods but they've seem to have gotten better. Most of the time it's guys just over driving the car or lack if Knowledge on how to set the car up. They get better with more seat time.

Back