Attention to all of photobilly's racing family

Racerrod

racerrod
There are way too many emails, texts, and phone calls to respond to and I have tried my best to answer them all. Please know that as we try sorting through all the unanswered questions about Billy's accident and death we are comforted by God's love and promises and that includes all the love you have shown us all. On behalf of his daughter Danielle, mother and father, and brother Tony, we thank you for your outpouring of love to the Haffer family during this very difficult week.

I have spoke with Iowa State Police about the accident. The officer on the scene has to do a "complete technical report" which takes 3-6 weeks to complete but officer Chris Spencer is going to call me back sometime today with more details about the crash involving, Billy, Tony, and Sonny. (Ironically Billy's father is named Sonny and his brother is named Tony! ODD!) Officer Spencer was the first on the scene and is working on the report and when we hear any news we will defintely pass along some answers to all his racing friends. We also send along all condolences to Tony's family during this difficult time and pray for healing of Sonny, the man who was driving the car in which Billy was riding in.

FUNERAL SERVICES catered to his racing family!

We realize that a Friday night only service would now allow for his racing friends to make the trip to Steelville so there is also a Saturday viewing!! PLEASE pass along these details to all your racing friends who shared in the joy of knowing Billy. Here are those details and we hope this will work with most of you. We have received many calls and emails from racing friends as far away as Iowa who plan to celebrate his storied life with us and we are so thankful for you all and the joy you brought Billy. He felt so strongly about you all and knew all your names and family members, and often shared those joys and heartbreaks with me! His love for you all was genuine and deep and there was nowhere he would rather be than at the race track.

Those who knew him well know he also has a daughter Danielle Haffer, 21, who has been left without a mother and a father now. Her mother died many years ago. Her grandmother Betty is going to set up a Trust Fund at BANK OF AMERICA (not US bank as originally posted) Thanks to all who are planning to honor Billy at your racing facilites, it is deeply heartfelt and healing.

Hutson Funeral Home Steelville, Mo. Friday 5-8
Hutson Funeral Home Steelville, Mo. Saturday 9-2

Funeral immediately following at 2 pm and burial at Haffer Family Cemetary, 14 miles West of Steelville towards Potosi, off Eagle Hurst Road.

If you have any other stories, thoughts, memories, or questions do not hesitate to text me, call me or email me any time during these next few days.

I know most of you already and I am so blessed by all the love you have shown us. May God bless you all the way you blessed Billy's life.

~ Rod Haffer
618-799-8878 text/cell
RodHaffer@Yahoo.com
"RACERROD"

Back