Billy Moyer last night?

CRAZYFAN

Could someone please tell me was Moyer not at godfrey last night? I didn't see his name in any of the results. Did he race somewhere else? :confused:

Moyer was out in Fulton, New York, with the World of Outlaws Late Models series. If he sticks with them, he won't be at pevely, on 7/3 either,
bummer huh!!

Unless he get's out of his contract with WoO he will be sticking with them. He's part of the Dirty Dozen. It looks like the only time we'll see him at I55 is for the Pepsi Nationals, which is a WoO event this year.

Rat's, I was looking forward to seeing him on July 3rd, oh well guess I'll have to wait for the pepsi nationals. Thanks for the reply.

The Dirty Dozen can't race in any other races 24hrs before or 24hrs after any WoO races! It's a bunch of B.S. if you ask me! :mad:

Well if they are racing the 26th he wont be there the 27th! Im telling you they have a 24hr rule.

The WoOLM's have an open date on July 11th, which is the date for the Summer Nationals on the 1/2 mile at Tri City. We have been in telephone contact with several members of the Dirty Dozen, who are hoping to race with us that evening, assuming they don't have to use the 11th as a rain date for one of their shows. If that happens, we'll still have a chance to see them on Sunday, August 1st when their series rolls into town.

For more information on all of our big late model shows, go to www.tricitymotorsports.com

Its bad enuf when you read about the Moyer contract thing with the WoO Late Model Series...

But after reading the results from Godfrey last nite I only count 2 of the so-called "big timers" and the rest were basically local StL area racers

IF this is the case I have trouble paying the 25 bucks a shot gate price for Peoria, Farmer City, and the Fairbury shows

Why should I pay that kind of money for 2 people at different 3 events to see a bunch of guys I could see on any given saturday nite for 10 bucks ?

Where was Birkhofer ? Where was Pierce ? Drake ? Gill ? etc etc etc

I am all for the "little guys" getting their big money wins too, but the SummerNationals and ANY big racing event is about seeing the stars as well as the locals battle it out

It's beginning to look like the UMP SummerNationals could be a big dissapointment for me this year

I certainly hope that this is not the case

I'm severely bummed

:confused:

PS... I used to live in South County and I have been to Pevely, Mt Vernon, Highland, Granite City, Belle-Clair, Godfrey, and even St Charles many, many times, but now live in Peoria IL

well u cant expect all of the big name guys who are running with a certain series to just drop those races and come race these! if tyhey are running for season long points in a different series then they will only be at some of the shows! i am sure you will see all of those guys at some shows but they wont be at all of them! There are only probably about 5 to 10 people who will run all of them if that many! Most ppl have to run their tracks on fridays and saturday for points.

F. Martin is right. There are very few drivers that run every single SN's race. As for Bob Memmer he has been sick for a few years and I don't believe it's any worse this year than in past years besides he has handed over the reigns, for the most part, to very capable people. As for Pierce being there, that probably won't happen at all at any race this year, since he officially retired from racing after last season. There are rumours around that he might run this race or that race but nothign confirmed.

I posted last year after a trip to Rayburns, that you all should attend all of last years Sumernationals races that you could, that somebody would not be on the entire tour this summer. I also posted that I got it from a good source. My good source was speeking with Billy Moyer while he washed his beutiful motor coach on his way to Eldora, followed by CJ taking us to lunch at a small diner near the shop, it was a real treat to have lunch with CJ and Billy, the conversation was enteresting especially as Moyer was using Mastersbuilts at that time last summer.

With there being som many great touring racers showing up when the big shows hit, the UMP specials pay alot to win, and not much better than a weekly show past the top ten. Boundless wanted to make certain they could gaurentee their fans the big names, so they made them sing contracts. If we were not fortunate enough to have the summernationals bring the travelling pros to our tracks yearly, we would really like the gaurentee that contract brings to a WoO latemodel show.

It goes to show you how good some of the locals are....

There were many travelers that didn't make the show...

The guy who towed the furthest had to be Patrick Sheltra from Florida.

Other "out of towners" besides the top 2 were:
Duke Whiseant
Greg Johnson
Brian Bernhardt
Chris Carlson
John Mitchell
Kevin Weaver

Others that you don't see around the STL area too much include
Kyle Logue
Richie Hedrick
Eric Kwasigroh
Wes Steidinger

It was good to see the locals come out and support this show...

Birkhofer & Drake are XDCS regulars and won't venture into the SN's other than those close to their home more than likely. The dirty dozen of the WoO Series will probably only hit 4 or 5 events in the SN series.

RacerGirlT, perhaps a different perspective and you may feel differently or change your mind. This post is not meant to belittle or bash in any way.

The UMP series itself is the lifeblood of "roots" late model racing in the entire USA and hopefully will always remain that way. While it is great to have the Moyers (whom I am a huge fan of) and the Bloomquists, the real UMP racer is the driver who will grind it out with the best of them weekly and still show up to race the travelers and quite often times wax their behind, ala Billy Faust, last year during a 15K to win race at I-55.

There are many drivers who are under contract this year either with WoO or Xtreme, while some people may think this is bad, it goes back to that roots racing perspective again. By not having some of the "travelers" in the Late Models show up, this may bring out the "weekly" drivers who may not otherwise show up because he knows he can't hang, (or simply often misjudgingly thinks he can't hang) with the traveling big dogs. It is my opinion that the lack of the "travelers" will actually up the car counts this year at summer nat's shows. It will just be up to the fans to "up the fans count in the grandstands."

I know it's hard for fans not to have the "big timers" show at their local favorite track during Summer Nat's but ask yourself, how are "big-timer names" made in the first place? I felt the same way many years ago when I went to a show at Macon and their was this "no name" dude, someone by the name of Shannon Babb there racing and walking the dog in a Summer Nat's feature until he got tangled with lapped traffic. I was there to see the travelers race and their was this "little guy" having his way with all of his competitors. Shannon has since won the DTWC and the Topless 100 and many, many Summer Nat's.

The "any given Saturday" dudes will do just fine this year on the Summer Nat's stops and I wish all of them the best of luck and would like to say thanks for giving us fans a show, wherever they race, that four-wide salute at Godfey on opening night was one of the coolest things I've ever seen drivers do for the fans.

I'ts beginning to look like the Summer Nationals is going to be a huge success this year to me. I only wish I could take in more races. As I've said on here many times, sometimes there are way too many close-minded Stl-area fans who don't realize what they have right under their noses. Open your mind, take risks and venture out and see the show for yourself, you may be surprised.

I hope there will be a meeting of the minds at Pevely this year?!?!?!

Respectfully,
Sam

A normal nite at I-55 pays $1,200 to win, and $150 to start, Summernationals pay $8,800 more($10,000), and $300 to start thats $150 more, that is a big differencein win, the differences arn't even comparable. I do not know what other tracks pay to start on normal nites, and alot of guys who contend for wins on normal nites work their tails off to make the show at big races. Not all tracks pay specials or Sn races like I-55, I know.

I am not putting down any event or any series, I really like the Summernationals, UMP, CoC, Tri-track challenge, Spectacular Wednesdays, BoB, MARS, MLRA, WoO latemodels, Xdcs, NALMS, and others. Bee, I just do not like to be incorrectly corrected. If my numbers are wrong then by all means someone put the right numbers out there.

As far as Pevely goes on july 3rd, I think the locals will give all the "hot shoes" a good run, but I still say Babb and O'neil are th ones to beat at Pevely this year. They always seem to have their cars dialed in by feature time. Just my opinion.

SamIam

We have a meeting of the minds every Saturday Night over by the Ice Cream window!!! That window sure makes me sad for Bommer Momma! :(

Back