Bird Stories... whats your best?

t.nie

Patience Tester
Since flipping people off seems to be a hot topic on here as of late, how about we share our best bird stories? I posted this on another thread, then thought it would make a good thread on it's own. So here's mine. And before we start, can we keep driver's names out of it if possible? No need to start dragging people through the mud.

Belleville 100 lapper 3 years ago. I was standing at the end of the front straight at the start, and big name driver A is being hounded by big name driver B for the lead on the opening laps. (I won't mention any names, it really doesn't matter anyway. Just a couple of our midwestern local heroes with huge reputations for being very skilled front runners will suffice.) Anyway driver B is really laying it in low and hard in the corners, working over driver A's left rear quarter, a lot of skillful rubbin to try and get past. Or at least let him know he's there.

This goes on for a couple laps, and finally driver B gets in a little too hot and manages to upset driver A's car, getting him loose off the corner. Quick as a flash, driver A gets it back under him coming off 4, rockets down the front straight toward me and there it goes out the window; the fastest flying bird I have ever seen in the world. This hand just shoots straight up, flips up that middle finger, and then it shoots back down inside the cockpit just in time for him to set the car in one. Looked like a snake tongue darting in and out of the window.

Heck of a bird there, I thought. Wish I'd had a camera pointed right at it at the time, would've been a great picture. Oh well. At least I have the memory. Still makes me laugh to this day.

Ok, what about Tony Stewart flipping off Clay Baumann at I-55 a few years back after an attempt at a slide job? I may be off a little on the who and what, but I'm pretty sure Tony tossed the bird on the track that night.

Ok, what about Tony Stewart flipping off Clay Baumann at I-55 a few years back after an attempt at a slide job? I may be off a little on the who and what, but I'm pretty sure Tony tossed the bird on the track that night.

AM I READING THIS RIGHT? YOU'RE EXPECTING ME TO BELIEVE THAT T-STEW WOULD ACTUALLY FLY THE BIRD TO SOMEONE? :D

No, I was lying! It was actually Clay who flipped off Tony. And Tony politely asked him not to do that again! LMAO!!!!

I thought it was Danny Haynes .... After the turn 2 situation. Danny did not take his C H I T did he LOL!!!!! And yep the bird flew. But that was not as funny as Stewart taking himself out with the spin in turn 3-4 very very late in the race.... :) Then Tony was soooooooooooooooo miffed he would not come out of his trailer after the races. I guess he thought we all had microphones :)

I remember the driver of an orange late model at tri city the year of the steel blocks got mad after a feature. Got up on stage and flew a double bird at the tower. I think he was asked to leave after that! ROTFLMAO!!!

I think the funniest one i have seen was also at belle clair A mod driver , we'll just call him 4j , got drilled in the rear going into turn 3 spun him dead side ways one hand on the wheel making a great save the other out the window bird flying high. That was great he never even lost a spot .

I think the funniest one i have seen was also at belle clair A mod driver , we'll just call him 4j , got drilled in the rear going into turn 3 spun him dead side ways one hand on the wheel making a great save the other out the window bird flying high. That was great he never even lost a spot .

I REMEMBER THAT, THE FUNNIEST PART ABOUT THAT ONE WAS HE GOT FULL EXTENTION OUT THE WINDOW TOO..... LMAO

when i was about 13 i guess,i was at tricity in the stands and for some reason i was giving the thumbs down to steve maisel and he saw me and looked up at me and flipped me the bird.i was scared ****less and havent messed with that guy since.lol.i was sure not to boo any other drivers after that too so i guess in a way he taught me a good lesson.

i'll never forget when i was 5 or 6, i dont know, but my mom and a friend of hers were going to south county to shop, and me and another boy were in the back seat. i guess we had just learned what flipping the bird was, so we were back there flipping people off going down the highway between waterloo and columbia. when we got stopped at the first stop light going into columbia some old P.O.ed guy came up and knocked on the window and told our mom's what we were doing............ needless to say we were in BIG trouble. i learned my lesson, now i only flip people off going down the highway that deserve it.

allied black flaged a racer and fined him a C note for fliping some one off a bellville..back when sonny berton ran chucky bowel the hood came up on my camaro,(see the st.chas picture post),i was running in the top 5 at the time and was in no way gonna give that spot up,they kept on showing me the black flag,finnally sonny ran out on the track with the black flag and nearly stuck it in my window,so i gave him the one finger salute,,heck i could see through the air cleaner hole,,OH YA,,i got a week off racin...lenny g.

Quartermidget driver.

I remember a young driver flipping off the judges in a quartermidget race after he was blackflagged. If i think hard enough i'll probably remember a name. Must have been 1997 or 98.

Wade told me he saw the bird every lap of the 50 lap sportsman feature at the nationals this year. He saw it on the first caution and could see it every time he drove by...I guess that lady must really like Wade to go to that much trouble every time he drove by her :)

LOOK AT THIS!!!

My wife and i went out to dinner at the Red Lobster for her B-Day and it was packed. After she signed us in and was told 1 1/2-2 hour wait, i picked her back up and proceeded to find a parking spot. After about 10 minutes i found a spot up close and started to pull up to the spot. My wife insisted on me putting on my blinker, you know to let everyone know i had dibs, we waited until the car pulled out and started to pull away. Just as i started to pull up a black lincoln pulled a nascar like move to take the spot. I laughed and told my wife she was wrong about the blinker, so she loudly flipped the bird and said something i will not repeat to the car. Just then 4 nuns, that is right, servents of the lord, got out of the car and shook their heads at us. I looked at my wife and barley got out the words before i died laughing. Honey, if you start to choke while eating dinner, you are on your own...............Only her could this happen.....lol

LOOK AT THIS!!!

My wife and i went out to dinner at the Red Lobster for her B-Day and it was packed. After she signed us in and was told 1 1/2-2 hour wait, i picked her back up and proceeded to find a parking spot. After about 10 minutes i found a spot up close and started to pull up to the spot. My wife insisted on me putting on my blinker, you know to let everyone know i had dibs, we waited until the car pulled out and started to pull away. Just as i started to pull up a black lincoln pulled a nascar like move to take the spot. I laughed and told my wife she was wrong about the blinker, so she loudly flipped the bird and said something i will not repeat to the car. Just then 4 nuns, that is right, servents of the lord, got out of the car and shook their heads at us. I looked at my wife and barley got out the words before i died laughing. Honey, if you start to choke while eating dinner, you are on your own...............Only her could this happen.....lol
LMAO it sounds like a skit you would see on SNL.

LOOK AT THIS!!!

WELL THE BRIGHT SPOT IS, THEY PROBABLY PRAYED FOR HER. :D

my best memory is of 1 mod driver giving me the bird at belleville , But i got him back with my own lil sign just for him :eek::rolleyes:

Back