Bmods??

crash9

Just curious what rules are causing the sanction to dropped everywhere? Is it just the fact that they are trying to go all crate? Forcing memberships on everyone? Shock stickers?

Thought everyone wanted rules and enforcement? This class is huge right now, but without some common rules will go down once again. I'm not saying UMP is the way to go either just hate to see everyone change during the season. Will I-55 be dropping theirs?

the class was supposed to be a cheaper way to race .. it is NOT the way the rules are written by the national organsations .. I can build a good mid range open motor for half of what a new crate costs .. I am not faulting UMP but I think they could have used some input from the mid pack racers .. as far as buying a license goes that is a minor expense but in the B Mods should be no more than $50 .. I could go on but its time to take my morning meds so I can function today LOL ---JMO

I think the shock sticker was the "over the edge" deal for a lot.

A lot of racers don't want the "crate only" deal in the future. Although I think the crate engine is the way to go in this class, I do understand a lot of racers can get cheap used stuff and build motors they can afford.

As far as the license deal, that shouldn't even be a problem with anyone.. It doesn't matter what sanction you have, you have to buy their license. You may not think having the license does anything for you, but get seriously injured while racing and you will be glad you did have a license. I know it is secondary insurance, but I've seen it come in handy for several drivers..

So will stickers be mandatory this weekend at I-55? I don't totally disagree with the license statement, but it does stink for someone to have to buy that to race a couple times.

Keep in mind that lots of other tracks were rained out around Wheatland and they pulled cars from other tracks.

Keep in mind that lots of other tracks were rained out around Wheatland and they pulled cars from other tracks.
And you know why they were able to do that? Because USRA has uniform rules across the board at every track! Not this UMP bs around here where every track is different. 40 a-mods and 59 b-mods for a weekly show was sure cool to see. They pre-teched every single one of those 99 cars as well. First time I've raced there and it's all first class!

UMP B-Mods are the same this year across the board.. Only track left UMP in this area for B-Mods is Federated I-55..

Highland and Belle-Clair are same rules.. Fayette Co is now on their own rules based off last years UMP rules. Tri-City is on their own track rules..

I think the shock sticker was the "over the edge" deal for a lot.

A lot of racers don't want the "crate only" deal in the future. Although I think the crate engine is the way to go in this class, I do understand a lot of racers can get cheap used stuff and build motors they can afford.

The use of crate engines is impractical on so many levels their use makes zero sense except for those who make money from their sales...

The use of crate engines is impractical on so many levels their use makes zero sense except for those who make money from their sales...
Kind of agree with you there Dave. I think the end game with them is to mandate the crate, then raise the price, then allow the tracks and "associations" to ad fees on top of that. JMO

And you know why they were able to do that? Because USRA has uniform rules across the board at every track! Not this UMP bs around here where every track is different. 40 a-mods and 59 b-mods for a weekly show was sure cool to see. They pre-teched every single one of those 99 cars as well. First time I've raced there and it's all first class!

No Argument there Ryan, I am just a fan.

UMP B-Mods are the same this year across the board.. Only track left UMP in this area for B-Mods is Federated I-55..

Highland and Belle-Clair are same rules.. Fayette Co is now on their own rules based off last years UMP rules. Tri-City is on their own track rules..
And there lies the problem. 4 different sets of rules. UMP needs to take notes of what other sanctions are doing or they may as well scratch the B-Mod deal. Crate motors across the board and making open motors run lead sleds this year isn't what's good for the racers, tracks, or local engine builders.

Some of the rules say Open motors must strap on the weight or that Crates get spoilers. What rules would people rather see to "Even" out the motors. OR does there not need to be any "Rule Breaks" for crates?

Some of the rules say Open motors must strap on the weight or that Crates get spoilers. What rules would people rather see to "Even" out the motors. OR does there not need to be any "Rule Breaks" for crates?
IMCA has no weight or spoiler difference between the 2. USRA actually gives the open motors a 50lb weight break. After all, the crates do get to run a 4 bbl and 9:1 "opens" are on gauge legal 500 2bbl. The racing is fantastic and there's a good mix of each.

Back