Booth revved up for high-speed homecoming; Military contractor returns from Iraq to chase his dream

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Story by Adam Ross
PARIS, Texas (May 14) – Danny Booth returned from Iraq this week to live his American dream some five years after leaving to work as a military contractor.
The Paris, Texas, native left his passions behind when he relocated to Baghdad to serve his country. He hopes it won’t take long to return to his beloved lifestyle that includes airplanes, motorcycles and, most importantly, race cars.
Booth’s first goal is to rejuvenate the racing career he left behind in 2005.
“I witnessed how much Americans sacrifice leaving their homes to serve their country,” said Booth. “I want to use my race team to honor Americans working overseas.
“I have thought about racing every day since I left Texas. I knew I wouldn’t be truly happy until I could get back into racing.”
Booth will compete in his dirt modified at the Paris Motor Speedway near his home and in the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS). His goals are clear. Booth believes through his race team he can promote pride in the American military while sharing his experiences with people across the country. He also believes he can convince young people they can serve their country, and they can still realize their dreams.
“I decided that when I returned to racing I want to do it as a business. I enjoy meeting new people, and racing will give me the opportunity to travel the country and see places that I’ve never seen.”
While working in Iraq the contractor known as ‘Maverick’ to his friends lived mostly in isolation.
“It’s amazing what you miss after spending time over there,” he added. “I’ve waited for home-cooked food, paved roads and normal television for a long time. I want to get back into the mainstream and see some green grass again.”
Booth will spend the next few months racing locally at Paris. He plans to reacquaint himself with his race car and prepare for an aggressive 2011 schedule.
“My biggest objective for 2010 is to get my feet wet again,” he said. “It’s been nearly five years since I’ve raced, so I really want to take the car out and get familiar with it.”
Booth expects it won’t take long to find his comfort zone. The support he has received from family and friends started long before his return from Iraq. The race cars are prepared for action, and there’s been a lot of confidence building via e-mail and Skype from those closest to him.
“It’s in my blood. I live for good competition, and I love pushing myself and learning. I have a great opportunity to live my dream and inspire young people at the same time. My family supports me in everything I do, and I have a great crew working with me on the cars. What could be better?”
Booth’s story has generated interest across North America. Much of his first week back will be spent doing interviews with media outlets interested in his story. For an interview opportunity contact Adam Ross by email at adamrossenterprises@gmail.com or by phone at 519-212-8632.
To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also follow the USMTS on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
USMTS TITLE SPONSORS: Casey’s General Stores, Castle Rock Recruiting.
USMTS OFFICIAL SPONSORS: American Racer Racing Tires, AwesomeRacesuits.com, Intercomp, Karl Chevrolet, Kevko Oil Pans & Components, New Vision Graphics, Nitroquest, RACEceiver.
USMTS PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: Allstar Performance, Arnold Motor Supply, ASi Racewear, Bear Tire, Big Dog Chassis & Fabrication, BRODIX Cylinder Heads, Cagle Motorsports, DandyLand Farms, Day Motor Sports, Dirt Track Racing School, Dirthead.com, Falcon Wind Power, Farm Boy BBQ Sauce, Gressel Oil Field Service, Intensitee Custom Racewear, Just Say Yes, Karl Performance Parts, Olympic Fire Protection, Ramirez Race Cars, Ruter Farms, WIX Filters, Yeager Machine.
USMTS CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AFCO Racing Products, Ai-Racing, Belleville Motorsports, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, COMP Cams, Dart Machinery, Dynatech Racing Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Fast Shafts, Forty9Designs.com, GRT Race Cars, Hooker Harness, Hypercoil Springs, Isky Racing Cams, KSE Racing Products, Marsh Racing Wheels, Out-Pace Racing Products, PBM Performance Products, Quarter Master, QuickTime Inc, Real Racing Wheels, RHS – Racing Head Service, Schoenfeld Headers, US Brake, Willy’s Carburetor & Dyno Shop, WIX Filters.

Back