Bootheel 200-Malden

I'm planning my first trip to Malden Raceway this Saturday for the Sprint Car portion of the Bootheel 200 (B Mains & A Mains for all other classes also). Can anybody who has been there before give any information about the facilities? Are they comparable to any tracks in the St. Louis area? Is there ample parking? I've been to Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway and Springfield Raceway so far this year and have been surprised at each how little parking there was right by the track. Thanks in advance for any information/tips.

Dan

Hopefully it's better!

Malden has nice facilities, but in the past their racing surface has been horrible unless you like dry dry dry. However, I did hear that a lot of clay has been hauled into the track over the offseason so hopefully it will be back to the "old days" when it was heavy and pedal to the metal. Went to watch the sprint cars at the first race of the year a couple of years ago and swore that I would never go back, and haven't. There were about 15 cars and there was so much dust at hot lap time that you couldn't watch. You can imagine how the conditions were by the end of the program. Hopefully it will be a lot better this time....especially with all of the new dirt/clay.

Malden has nice facilities, but in the past their racing surface has been horrible unless you like dry dry dry. However, I did hear that a lot of clay has been hauled into the track over the offseason so hopefully it will be back to the "old days" when it was heavy and pedal to the metal. Went to watch the sprint cars at the first race of the year a couple of years ago and swore that I would never go back, and haven't. There were about 15 cars and there was so much dust at hot lap time that you couldn't watch. You can imagine how the conditions were by the end of the program. Hopefully it will be a lot better this time....especially with all of the new dirt/clay.

My good friend and me said the same thing that same night, but we are dragging our butts back down this Saturday!:D

Thanks for the replies; hopefully the weather will hold up. It's looking like a 7 1/2 hour round trip from Troy, MO; would hate to get rained out--probably going to make a game time decision.

Dan

Back