Boundless Announces World of Outlaws Acquisition

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Richard Day
KNOXVILLE, IA (August 15) - Boundless Motor Sports Racing,
Inc., is the proud owner of the World of Outlaws, Boundless Chairman and CEO Paul Kruger and World of Outlaws President Ted Johnson announced Friday atKnoxville Raceway.

With the purchase of sprint car racing's premier racing series,
Boundless, which recently bought Drivers Independent Race Tracks (DIRT), becomes the leading promoter of dirt track auto racing in the United States. Boundless Motor Sports Racing, Inc., is a racing and sports entertainment company based in Richardson, TX, less than 20 miles from World of Outlaws headquarters in Allen, TX.

"The combination of both the World of Outlaws and DIRT together under one company will create tremendous value to both the individual brands and racing in general," Kruger said. "By building on the strengths of these leading series, Boundless will be able to expand even more on the current success of dirt track racing. We look forward to taking the
World of Outlaws to the next level."

The acquisition of DIRT, which owns a television production
company, brings national telecast coverage on Speed TV, Time Warner Cableand the Empire TV Network to sprint car racing's leading series. Both series will receive coverage on "Rush Hour on Dirt" and "This Week on DIRT," each a production of DIRT Television. Kruger said a DIRT Television crew will tape every World of Outlaws race in 2004.

"During my 25 years with the World of Outlaws, we have built a great series with the help of our dedicated fans and outstanding drivers," Johnson said. "Now, as part of Boundless, we'll have the support to take the World of Outlaws to a whole new level of exposure. I'm going to be around for a while, and I look forward to working with the people at Boundless."

Back