Brandon Hahn Slowed By Engine Woes at Salina Highbanks Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - SALINA, Okla. (Aug. 21, 2013) - Engine issues plagued Brandon Hahn at Salina Highbanks Speedway on Saturday night during the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour's visit to the fast track.

"Right out of the gate we were having some motor problems," Hahn said. "We don't know what it is. We came home and did all of our maintenance and found shavings in the oil. We leaked it down and it didn't leak down very good so we put a new one in for this weekend."

Hahn finished sixth in his heat race, which relegated him to the B Main. After a couple of cars in front of him scratched, Hahn started the consolation race on the outside of the front row. He promptly took the lead and held it for several laps until an incident midway through the 12-lap race.

"Coming around I hit this guy with my right rear tire coming off (turn) two," he said. "The car just never really ran the same or sounded the same after that."

Hahn went to the work area and had his tire changed. He restarted at the tail of the field and quickly worked into one of the six transfer positions before ending fourth. That lined him up 20th in the feature, but Hahn pulled into the pits after several laps because of the mechanical issues.

"That's one of my favorite tracks that we go to," he said. "It's fast and it's high banked. Our car wasn't bad in the B Feature. Our motor problems just put us behind the eight ball from the get-go. In the A Feature we went and took the green and got our points."

Hahn and the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour are set for a return to I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark., on Thursday. Hahn placed 19th in the feature during his first visit to the high-banked track in April.

"We actually got upside down the last time we were there," he said. "It was rough and fast and I caught a hole wrong going into (turn) one. Hopefully it's a little better luck this time going to I-30."

His weekend will conclude on Saturday with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour's inaugural visit to Lexington 104 Speedway in Lexington, Tenn.

QUICK RESULTS -

Aug. 17 - Salina Highbanks Speedway in Salina, Okla. - Heat race: 6 (5); B Main: 4 (6); Feature: 19 (20).

SEASON STATS -

34 races, 0 wins, 1 top five, 2 top 10s, 5 top 15s, 18 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Thursday at I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark., and Saturday at Lexington 104 Speedway in Lexington, Tenn., with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrandonHahn29

APPAREL -

Hahn has black and white t-shirts for sale at his trailer at each race he attends throughout the season.

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Schoenfeld Headers

Founded in 1974, Schoenfeld Headers is the largest circle track header manufacturer in the world. For more information, visit http://www.SchoenfeldHeaders.com.

"From micros to midgets to sprint cars, we've ran Schoenfeld Headers from Day One," Hahn said.

Hahn would also like to thank Lucas Oil Products, MAVTV, Hoosier Racing Tire, Protect the Harvest, Engler Machine & Tool, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Weld Wheels, FSR Racing Products, Penske Racing Shocks, Rod End Supply, Simpson Race Products and The Joie of Seating for their continued support.

Back