Brian Birkhofer Claims First 2010 Victory at West Liberty; Prepares for Lincoln Tomorrow

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(MUSCATINE, IOWA) Brian Birkhofer and his #15b team picked up their first win of the 2010 racing season in the 'Daufeldt Transport 50' at the West Liberty Raceway in West Liberty, Iowa on Saturday night, May 1! Brian, who started fourth in the unsanctioned race, overtook race leader Denny Eckrich on the seventeenth circuit and held a stout field behind him for the remainder of the 50-lap affair. The Muscatine, Iowa driver finished a half-straightaway ahead of the competition and received the $10,000 top prize for defeating Shannon Babb, Billy Moyer, Terry Phillips, and Chad Simpson.

The Farley Speedway in Farley, Iowa was also scheduled to play host to a $10,000 to win unsanctioned event over the weekend. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans, as the program was not only rained-out on Friday, April 30, but also once again on Sunday, May 2. You can view complete results from West Liberty on Saturday evening by accessing www.simmonspromotionsinc.com.

"It is always fun to win around home in front of a bunch of fans and Saturday at West Liberty was no different," exclaimed Birkhofer recently. "We have been tweaking with these cars for awhile now and I think I finally got the "feel" that I was looking for on Saturday night. There was a little bit of a scare with a lapped car and I probably put myself in a bad position there, but overall it was a great race for us and it feels good to get back into victory lane!"

The Birkhofer Racing team will focus on a single event this upcoming weekend in the Land of Lincoln. The Lincoln Speedway in Lincoln, Illinois will play host to a $10,000 to win World of Outlaws Late Model Series show this Friday night, May 7. The #15b team has chosen not to race on Saturday evening and will return to their Muscatine, Iowa shop following Lincoln. Additional information concerning the World of Outlaws program at Lincoln can be found online at www.worldofoutlaws.com.

The #15b team would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued and unwavering support: J&J Steel, Hilton Head National, Baileigh Industrial, ASI Racewear, Port City Racing, MB Customs, Mars Racing, Pro Power Racing Engines, BSB Manufacturing, Holsteen Brothers, Daufeldt Transport, Keyser Manufacturing Co., Cen-Pe-Co Racing Lubricants, McFarland Pain Clinic, Five Star Shop Service, Wrap'd by Dynamic Decals, Bryant Crankshafts, Dart Machinery, Delph Communications, Duralite Wheels, Executive Finish, FK Rod Ends, Fragola Performance Systems, Hawk Brakes, Hoosier Racing Tires, Integra Shocks, Mahle Pistons, Manley Performance, Muscatine Tire & Wheel, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, Pratt Motorsports, Precision Machine, Quarter Master, Reed's Lawn Service, Ringers Gloves, S&S Concrete, T&D Machine Products, VP Race Fuels, Wiles Driveshafts, Wilwood Engineering, Woodward Steering, and Wulff Pumps.

View the latest dirt on the Birkhofer Racing team all year long by accessing www.brianbirkhoferracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back