Brownstown IL 10/25 Race UPDATE

Jon Mooney

BROWNSTOWN 10/25 RACE UPDATE

The Brownstown Bash is STILL ON for Saturday, October 25th.

There is a cold front scheduled to move through the area Friday night. Local forecasters have stated that this front “does not have a lot of moisture associated with it”. The latest forecast calls for a chance of a few morning showers on Saturday. Afternoon looks decent right now, but as we all know, weather forecasts can change.

We will do everything possible to get this show in ON SCHEDULE Saturday with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Micros.
Pit gates open at 10AM
Grandstands open at 2 PM
Hot Laps at 3 PM
First Heat at 4:30PM

We will be at the track early Saturday morning. If I can find I good phone line, I will send weather/track updates via the following web-sites/message boards: HOSEHEADS, STL RACING, 4M, ILMOMICROSPRINTS and TJ SLIDEWAYS.

For further updates on SATURDAY morning, call the track office of the Fayette County Speedway: 618-427-3966.

THERE WILL BE NO SUNDAY 10/26 RAINDATE.

IF we have to cancel Saturday’s show (and believe me, WE DON’T WANT TO) we will look at the possibility of re-scheduling sometime the following weekend.

But, as of now, all systems ARE A GO to race at the Fayette County Speedway in Brownstown, Illinois ON SATURDAY, OCT. 25TH!

Something to think about, Mt Vernon Raceway has scheduled a race for Nov 1. If Mother Nature takes over Saturday, keep Mt Vernon in your thought processes. Rick has worked with everyone this year and it would not be fair to schedule on top of him unless he gives up the date.
It sounds like the temperatures will be down for the next eight to ten days, so think about that as well.

Right boys because im ready to see some bad *** racing this weekend. I cant wait, i hope it dont freakin rain.. !!

Back