BROWNSTOWN IS CANCELLED-Rescheduled for NEXT SAT. NOV 1

Jon Mooney

BROWNSTOWN IS POSTPONED-Rescheduled for NEXT SAT. NOV 1

The Brownstown Bash is POSTPONED for today due to persistent rain and a forecast for more rain throughout the day. The race is re-scheduled for NEXT SATURDAY, NOV. 1st. Same show: Wing 410 Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Micros. Same time schedule:

Pit gates open at 10AM
Grandstands open at 2 PM
Hot Laps at 3 PM
First Heat at 4:30PM

Don't you think that this late in the season that if there is another track running, that you would not want to interfere with their schedule so you & them could receive the highest car count possible?

Don't blame Charlie and Brownstown for this one. It is another promoter and this is a different type show.
Yes, everyone has been working with each other to get these end of year races in and it is too bad Mother Nature is not letting these races happen.

Mt. Vernon has had this date ( Nov. 1st ) set up since 10- 13 now with a week to go B'Town wants to cut in. I say let B' Town pick a Friday or Sunday and let drivers and fans have 2 more dates to get their racin' fix before ol man winter sets in. How about it B' Town? Mt. Vernon has worked with other tracks all year.

Why should Mt. Vernon reschedule for Sunday? They have been advertizing for a Sat show. Brownstown should reschedule for a Sunday show. Mt. Vernon changed their show when it was in conflict with btowns show. You would think brownstown would show MVN the same respect and have a Sunday show instead.

i say b`town can run there show any time they want! this show has been scheduled all freaking year! rick heck said they were done 2 weeks ago, now he wants to race some more!!!!! tough luck at mt.melvin..............that`s just too bad!!!!!!!

I hate that it rained, been looking forward to going and watching this race for quite a while. But what I don't understand is, Why does this mess up Mt. Vernon's show? Mt. Vernon's not running Sprint cars, and aren't there enough late models and modifieds to go to both track and have pretty good shows at both tracks? Just my thoughts on it, just don't understand why everyone always has to tear apart people who are just trying to put on a show!

I think this is a shame that they have to rescheduled on the same day as MVN, MVN is have a fan appreciation day, on Nov. 1st, and all profits are to go to the drivers banquet & drivers.It should be an easy decision, you pay only $ 7.00 for grandstand admission and help support the drivers at the same time.Where else can you see a show for $ 7 this time of the year? Hope to see alot of support for the drivers at MVN next Sat.

I do not think anyone is trying to tear anyone apart, but MVN has worked with other tracks all year long, and rescheduled around Btown when MVN saw that it would be in conflict with their show, when there was a need to reschedule their show.

Originally posted by jpugh
Don't blame Charlie and Brownstown for this one. It is another promoter and this is a different type show.
Yes, everyone has been working with each other to get these end of year races in and it is too bad Mother Nature is not letting these races happen.

I dont thnk Charlie and Brownstown are to blaim; seems to me Charlie and nother promoter were workin tugether on this one.

Maybe we should all contact the othr promoter. The bash's website has this contact person listed: Brian Thompson at (618) 473 - 9512 or thompson10@accessus.net

I'm gunna call J J maybe we can go duckhuntin tuday.

hey top dog

hey top dog i hate to see your generousity blow up in your face, do you think brownstown will work with you and rescedule for sunday, since most of there special shows have been on sunday anyway?

Brownstown Bash Raindate

The November 1, 2003 raindate announced today has nothing to do with with trying to compete against or work against Mount Vernon. A Sunday raindate in my opinion is not a good thing for the racers or fans themselves, especially for those who travel more than a couple hours. Fridays are terrible for me as I am a schoold teacher/basketball coach, not to mention all of the high school football on Friday nights. I have drivers in all divisions coming from too many states to list. If I run a Sunday raindate then many of the drivers will likely not get a chance to race. The November 1, 2003 date made the most sense for both traveling drivers and spectators. Please leave Charlie DePew out of this situation. The choice for November 1 was my choice and my choice only. I am sorry that many of you disagree with my decision. If you think about the number of Saturday night tracks that run during the regular season and the number of late models and modifieds, neither of us should have a problem getting cars and spectators. I wish Mr. Heck nothing but the best and hope both of our grandstands and pit areas are full. Hopefully we can get some decent weather next weekend.

Brian Thompson

not a very wise desision,who ever is putting on the "BASH" should have at least tried to contact Rick Heck to see if something could be worked out.I see this as a lose/lose situation for both tracks,Rick is running a full stock car show,5 classes I belive,some fans that normaly dont go to sprint car shows would have traveled to Btown to watch the sprints&LMs but now they will make Mt.Vernon their track of choice,I for one have 2 LMs and a open comp sportsman that we are planning on bringing to MTV.and we probaby wont do as good there as we would at Btown but I have been waning to run the red car there all year,,,start the show at 3PM Sunday the 2d,pill draw,no qualifing,,,here is a REALLY GOOD IDEA,MOVE THE BASH TO SUN.OFFER A FREE PIT PASS TO WHO EVER WINS A RACE AT MTV THE NIGHT BEFOR,,,,,,,,,lenny g. here,if i make some one mad ,,GOOD,

I really dont understand all the people complaining about the BASH running on the same day as MTV...usually you have MTV, Highland, Pevely, Macon, Calvert City, Montgomery County that all run Late Models on saturday nights and not any of the other tracks are running except MTV and BTOWN so there should be plenty of cars to go around , If they havnt put them up for the winter already...I will be in BTOWN if they run..........

I'm just happy to go racing!

This is going to be our first trip to Mt. Vernon. The girls and I are all ready having racing withdrawals. Who knows we might go to Mt. Vernon on Saturdays Nights instead of Pevely now and then. We thought we might try some new tracks next year anyway. Thanks Rick for giving us a chance to preview your track for next season.

Sorry little motor but Btown has NOT had scheduled all year for Nov. 1st. Sorry Btown couldn't have the respect for other tracks and work around dates like Mt. Vernon has before . Some people that would have been to both shows will not drive farther if there is a good show closer. I will pick Mt. Vernon. If Rick so chooses to not work with Btown on schedules next year I for one will support him. I think Rick had a very good idea to help the drivers. Rick , I will be there to support you and the drivers on Nov. 1st.

Back