Brownstown Make-Up Race Date

eck1

I'm up there somewhere
Here it goes, and I'm not trying to stir anything. Your summernational race was on a holiday where more people could attend. Your make-up race is on a Tuesday where most can't attend, due to work or distance. Are these people out of luck completly? Sure wish this could have been on a week-end where more could attend. was this even in consideration? I am having a real problem with this. If i make it, I will have to burn a vacation day or get a day without pay.
Thank You
Bob
:confused: :(

I am not trying to stir anything but here I go, What is a promoter to do? Now I am NOT a Charlie Depew fan by ANY means! But if he would of scheduled this for a weekend then what day do you suggest he plan it for? All the tracks that race around here on a weekend plus his commitment to Highland on Saturdays doesnt leave him much of a choice. Sure he could of ran it on a Friday but what do you do about the folks that race a series or drivers that attend other tracks for points then they will be having a real problem with that date he picks. I hear people say all the time "run on sunday" well its hard for more than 1 or 2 tracks to run on sunday plus frankly then you have the people that say that is their family day, so then what does he do when he doesnt fill the stands and has to cut pay to drivers? The problem is drivers can race any day of the week in this part of the country, it ****s that most working folks cant attend,But that really isnt anything that a promoter can control. He is damned if he does and damned if he dont! I am sure every promoter in this area looks at what is running and when so they can plan for their shows so they will get the most out of their date. Maybe I am wrong and I am sure someone on this board will be quick to point that out :rolleyes: But if you cant attend or burn a vacation day then try to get your ticket sold and atleast get something out of it.
JMO!!!! :)

I tell you what. I was at Highland the other night on a Tuesday night for the Summernational race and the stands were full. There was a lady from Georgia sitting next to me and she made the commit about all the people for a week night race. I told her that the people just always come out for the races. If you want to see the races on a week night you will deal with it. Sometimes things just don't alway work out to suit everyone but normally there is enough people to watch and cheer. I know that it ****s when you have to go to work but alot of people do it.

no one has said what date it is and is it close to the fair date @ Highland and if so then there is a better chance the big boys will all make it back out and get 2 shows in the same week 7500 plus whatever the pay out was for the SN so I think its a smart move by Charlie and I would agree with you DIVA also!!! Not to mention all of July is basically took up isn't it by SN races? When is the last SN race schelduled in July besides Brownstown now?

I think what Charlie was goin for is exactly bubbles 05 said. Highlands fair race for $7,500 is the 27th, the day after Brownstowns $6,000 show. With Summer Nationals being over and all of those guys having pit passes already there is fairly good chance they might come this way a day early to hit B'Town then Highland. Hope this helps with the reasoning behind the decision.

Make Up

It is one thing to have a race during the week sometimes that cannot be avoided.

However we asked when we bought pit passes on Monday when the make up date was and we were told July 28. Why were they telling people this if it was not true.

I hope no one made plans, took off work etc, expevting the race to be the 28th.

Give em a break chief4car. The race is set for Tuesday the 26th, as opposed to what you were told Thursday the 28th. Its a difference of two days. I don't really think having it two days during the week will have a major impact on the MAJORITY. Chances are the 26th was better for the out of towners as compared to the 28th.

mods are racing for 1500 to win plus latemodels for 6000. but it will be most likely a rain out.................... :D

I kind of wish he was having it the day after Highlands show on Thursday. Either Tuesday or Thursday I would have to miss work but if it was Thursday night I could camp out up there cause I dont work Fridays.

How about this then........people who spent $40 bucks for the original night of racing as my husband and I did should have had the choice to get our money back if we can't attend the makeup date.

When there's a chance for rain and you go anyway, that's kind of the chance you take. Especially a special event, you never know when it will be rescheduled.

But I agree with dgreg315 you should get your money back if you want!!!!!These freaking promoters think once you pay ha that money is mine screw these people if they can't come back.I think it's totally BS it's my money and if I want it back then I should get it back,I shouldn't have to beg for it back.Plain and simple no product you get your money back thats how most business run.If you call the washing machine repair man out and he can't fix your washer are you going to pay him,Hell no so why do these morons keep our money.Glad i held out on paying cause I already have enough money out to tracks that I seen no racing cause of rain!!!!!!!pst Mt Vernon has 40.00 of it!!!!!!!!

I agree with you a refund should be a option in cases of rain,but I think at Brownstown there is a sign at the front gate that states "No Refunds". Have to ask Charlie about that one. I have seen it at one of the local tracks, Just cant remember which one. lol.
I have attended races all my life and He is not the only promoter to ever do this. I know it s ucks I have been on the recieving end of that game and I dont like it either so that is why I waited and called and waited some more Until I knew for sure. I realize thats not always a option for most racing folks. I guess you could of waited at the gate after asking the ticket gals if you would of been allowed a refund in case of rain, other than that I guess you chalk it up as lessoned learned. Hope you can make it back to the make up race because those late model racers usually put on a hell of show there. :)
Have a Great Day!!

You might take a minute and call the track promotor and speak with them personally about your situation. Sometimes it might work out the way you'd lie for it to! Good Luck !

I would have to say that the reason the rain out date is on the 26th instead of the 28th is because of the combine demolition derby at the fair. This is a very popular event at the fair and I am sure it would hurt both his front gate attendance and his back gate. The 26th sounds good to me. Two nights of big time races will definetely help both shows be a success. You also have to remember that Charlie does not have to make up the Summer Nationals date. There are no rain out dates for the summer nationals tour and points for the series will not be awarded that night. If Charlie ran this show on a stand alone basis he would lose his arse.

Back