Brownstown question

what your seeing is the spot around the track where the cars go around at after they exit the track. at brownstonw is there is no gates where you go in and out at. you come in and out on the front stretch.sorry if that s a little hard to understnad but its always been the 1/4 miles it is now.

Brownstown has not always been the same track that you see now it use to be alot smaller..and closer to the grandstand

From what I heard when Charlie re-designed the track he was going to build a horse track, thats why the race track is not by the front stretch wall. I wonder if the curved trees had something to do with the horse track idea or just a coincidence.

I can help you out here. I've lived in brownstown all my life.
First- way back when there did used to be a horse track, thats why you see the outline in the picture.

now to the other.

brownstown used to be a little high banked 1/5 mile bull ring of a race track. after charlies 1st year(i think) they were going to make a bigger track. Well the fairboard and the horse racing comunities said go ahead BUT we(the horse people) are going to build a 1/2 mile horse track around it. So we couldn't put the front stretch up to the stands like we wanted. Trust me when I say there was a big stink thrown by the horse people to get it this way.

Now a couple years later, our 3/8 mile track is built and operational, and the horse people decided not to build a track after all. Hows that for some real horse s**t.

now we're left with a good track 200ft from where it should've been.

just my 2cents

Back