BRSD Crowns Sellers & Finney 'Overall Track Champions'

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By JEFF MILLS
BONNE TERRE, Mo. -- (Sept. 27, 2003) Kevin "Grape Ape" Sellers of Arnold and Rick Finney of St. Louis were crowned "Overall Track Champions" at Big River Sand Drags Saturday night.
Following the final night of points competition on Saturday, the track held it's annual "Tournament of Champions" where the overall track champions for both the ATV classes and the MSRA (Missouri Sand Racing Association) classes. Sellers, the track champion of the Stock Buggy class, squared off against Steve Barton of Bonne Terre who was not only the champion of the Competition Elimiantor class he was also the champion of the Open 4x4 class, to decide the overall champion in the MSRA division. Sellers was able to pick up the victory and the huge overall track championship trophy.
"I didn't think I even had a chance," laughed Sellers. "This was a blast."
In the ATV division, it all boiled down to Rick Finney, the champion of the Pro ATV class, squaring off again Allie Glatczak of Potosi, the champion of the ATV-1 class. Finney was able to pull out the victory with a late surge at the line.
"I sure didn't think I was going to catch her," Finney said. "That was close."
Here are the results of the final night of the 2003 points season at BRSD.
In Open 4x4, Terry WIes of Wentzville was the first place winner with second place finisher David Myers of Indiana winning the top eliminator race.
In Off Road Modified, Todd Dee of Leadwood was the top eliminator and first place winner while Randy Hayes of Pilot Knob finished in second place.
In Competition Eliminator, Steve Barton finished first with John Dreher of Wentzville taking second place and winning the top eliminator race.
In Vehicle ET, Carla Glatczak of Potosi (the 2003 track champion of the class) was the top eliminator and first place winner while Brad Lunn of Pacific captured second place.
In Stock Buggy, Gary Hollinsworth of Mineral Point was the first place winner while second place winner Frank Shinault of Hillsboro captured top eliminator honors.
In Super Pro ATV, Randall Hayes of Pilot Knob was the first place winner, but it was Tim Brown of Bloomsdale taking second place and top eliminator.
In Pro ATV, Tony Pannell of Arnold was the first place and top eliminator winner with TIm Brown of Bloomsdale taking second place.
In ATV-1, Josh Hayes of Pilot Knob was the first place and top eliminator winner with Adam DeClue taking second place.
In Junior ATV, Garth Farris of Potosi was once again the top eliminator and first place winner while Andrew Zack of High Ridge was the second place winner.
There is no racing at Big River this Saturday (Oct. 4). The next races at Big River will be the ATV Nationals on Oct. 11-12. For more information on the ATV Nationals contact Jason Waller at (573) 358-5009. Or visit the track's website at: http://jeff.mills.tripod.com/brsd/

Back