Bryan Clauson Wins the Gateway ARCA 150

stlmrn

Staff member
Click Below to view photos from the Gateway ARCA 150

http://www.stlracing.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7822

Madison, IL - (8/31/07) Bryan Clauson won his 1st ARCA Re/MAX Series race at Gateway International. He is the 13 different winner in the ARCA Series this year. Josh Wise finished in second place and Michael McDowell finished in third.

"I feel like a popsicle stick after my pit crew drenched me with Gatorade," said Clauson "But this is an awesome feeling."

Clauson races for Chip Ganassi and he became the 2nd Ganassi driver to win at Gateway this year. Next week he will race his first NASCAR Busch Series race at Richmond.

It has been a long year for Clauson. Last year he broke his neck in a sprint car race in Wheatland Raceway in southern Missouri.

"I am so glad Chip [Ganassi] stuck with me," said Clauson.

Jason Allgaier, from Springfield Illinois, was leading with 17 laps to go in the race when Clauson passed him.

"Clauson's car was great after restarts, but it seemed to level out after 5 laps or so," said Clauson. "We just were patient and ran him down."

For Allgaier, finishing at Gateway was an accomplishment. He finished in 4th place.

"I have raced here three times and have never finished," said Allgaier. "We really wanted to win this race but this is a great way to start this weekend."

Allgaier will race four times this weekend. He will race Midgets on Saturday, Silver Crown on Sunday and finally another ARCA race on Monday.

Tomorrow afternoon at 4:30, NASCAR Craftsman Trucks will race at Gateway.

Story and photos by Kevin Proot / St. Louis Motor Racing News

Back