Bub McCool Bags Second Straight Gumbo Nationals Title; Busy Week Ahead

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Vicksburg, MS (10/10/12) – Bub McCool piloted the #57 K&K Motorsports/Victory Circle M1 Chassis By Moyer/Jay Dickens Racing Engine Super Late Model to his second-straight Gumbo Nationals title over the weekend.

A long flight from Syracuse back home to Mississippi paid big dividends for Bub McCool over the weekend as he piloted his good friend's backup car to his second-straight, Gumbo Nationals title, which was worth $7,500!

After competing with the World of Outlaws on Thursday night in New York Bub flew back to Mississippi on Friday, and entered Klint Byars' backup car in the event. On Friday night with forty-four Super Late Models entered into the program, Bub qualified fourth fastest in his group to earn the second starting spot for the second heat race. He would claim a comfortable win in the heat to lock into the third starting spot for the 75 lap finale on Saturday evening.

Early in the feature as Bub tried to run the low line he would slip as far back as the seventh spot, before mounting a charge forward. On lap 41 he raced past race leader, Kyle Beard, to take over the lead. Despite a strong challenge from Ronny Lee Hollingsworth during the closing laps McCool would maintain the lead as he raced to his fifth win of the 2012 season! He was followed across the line by Hollingsworth, Josh Putnam, Timothy Culp, and Billy Moyer Jr.

“It’s always special to come here to Greenville because we have so many great fans. This win goes out to all of them,” an exhausted McCool said. "I also have to thank Klint Byars for letting me drive one of his cars here this weekend since my stuff is out in North Carolina waiting on me with my crew for the World of Outlaws race next Wednesday.”

Full results are available at www.GreenvilleSpeedway.net.

Another busy week is on tap for Bub McCool, and it will start on Wednesday night with a $10,000-to-win event at the Dirt Track at Charlotte (Charlotte, North Carolina) with a World of Outlaws (WoO) Super Late Model event. The team will then travel to Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, Mississippi) for the 18th Annual Coors Light Fall Classic. The program will be highlighted by a $15,000-to-win/$1,000-to-start event at the racy, 1/3 mile oval. For more information on the events, please visit www.WoOLMS.com and www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com .

McCool Motorsports will have their souvenir trailer at Whynot Motorsports Park this weekend. It is stocked with all-new merchandise including the brand-new Halloween shirts as well as the brand-new iPhone cases. All of these items can be viewed on the Apparel page at www.BubMcCool.com . If you can't make it to an event, where the McCool Motorsports souvenir trailer will be on hand, you can also file orders via the website.

Bub and everyone at McCool Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors, which include Southern Belle, McCool Logging, Jay Dickens Racing Engines, Henderson Motorsports, Hoosier Race Tires, Eibach Springs, Victory Circle M1 Chassis By Moyer, Good Hope Lumber, Boland Performance, Schaeffer's Specialized Lubricants, New Vision Graphics, & MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Bub & McCool Motorsports, please visit the official team website at www.BubMcCool.com .

Thanks!
Ben Shelton, Owner
MSR Mafia - www.MSRMafia.com
The Midsouth Racing Scene - www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back