Can we still wash our race cars with soap.

dirtracerl77

LEE MOTORSPORTS
I was wondering. If a race car is washed with soap and the tires are not rinced good, will the soap deposits make you fail a tire test? I ask this because it would be a chemical not on the control sample.

I would think it shouldn't matter. Them tire's have to be painted on with the prep a couple time's.Then put in a bag to set for awhile is what i been told. But if you call Gerstner motorsports they should be able to tell you more about this!!!

I think it's a good question.

If you wash your car after every night, that's a lot of soap going on the tires. It would really **** to be accused as a cheater because you wash your car.

I would think it shouldn't matter. Them tire's have to be painted on with the prep a couple time's.Then put in a bag to set for awhile is what i been told. But if you call Gerstner motorsports they should be able to tell you more about this!!!
and you are a douche bag

The lab should be able to determine if it was soap or whatever else you decided to clean your car and tires with. But, yes your tire has a decent possibility of being deemed "not to meet specs". At that point it will be the sanctioning bodies decision to whether or not you are legal or illegal.

Dirtracerl77, If your car spends any amount of time outdoors in Granite City, car wash soap may be the least of your worries. What about all of the steel mill fallout that is raining down out of the sky onto your car. I wonder what kind of chemicals are in that stuff.

I think it's a good question.

If you wash your car after every night, that's a lot of soap going on the tires. It would really **** to be accused as a cheater because you wash your car.
Its alot of soap if you keep the same tire's on everytime you wash.But you and me both now thats not gonna happen!! Why cause everyone know's hoosiers dont last that long. Soap in not getting these guys busted.Its **** like bleedblue sales thats getting them caught!! JMO and opinions are like anus everyboby has one but some just aint as big as dirthounds!!!

Quit washing your car...the government will confiscate your power washer for destruction of a non-renewable resource.

or if a car is leaking oil on the track, or anyother chemicals, seen many times where they used the cars to pack in puddles of fluid that has been leaked on the racing surface.

Back