challenge of champions 10-1-05

Can anybody tell me why the challenge of champions race on 10-1-05 got cancel.

Probably due to the Late Model Nationals at Knoxville, they are this weekend, and you know with the purse Knoxville is paying Pevely wouldnt have ANY drivers!!! Smart thinking on Schrader/Marlers part!

Not the right answer as there are two different drivers that would compete in these two different events. Knoxville would not draw that many drivers away from I-55.
The CoC race is a UMP event and would draw UMP drivers where the Knoxville event is a natonal event and will draw the travels and bigger funded drivers.

There have been answers on this subject already posted on here. You just need to find those posts.

Here is one of the first posts about this - http://www.stlracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61524

If I'm going to pay big bucks for a show I want to see the top dogs run. Nothing against the local guy at I-55 but, I usally pay $10 to watch them not $30. I'm sure Babb, Oneal, English, Jeep and the rest of the midwest hot shoes are going north.

plain and simple.... the money dried up
maybe they can move that modified show up a bit
november sounds real chilly,might see something different
in track characteristics though.
i remember one late show at godfrey where it was real cold and after the cars took to the track,fog actually started rising from the track as it warmed up from being raced on. was kinda cool actually from the stands.
dont know what it looked like from a drivers perspective

Ump Was Supposed To Pay The 10 Grand To Win. The Track Paid The Rest. Ump Didn't Put Up The Money So It Was Cancelled. No Other Track Was Willing To Take The Date And Run It Without Ump Putting Up The Money They Were Supposed To Either. I Don't Blame I55 Or Any Other Track For Cancelling And No Taking The Show. Ump Has Money Issues I Do Believe And They Will Come To Light One Day!!!!!!!

The modified show at I-55 will be Nov 12 with a weather date of Nov 19. The date is tied to the sponsor's (Shop N Save) plan to give away the Dodge pace truck. Due to the date that was filed with the state, that is the earliest the truck can be given away.

Back