Change in rain out refunds?

mpally

Last night, the weather wasn't looking promising for I-55. It was down pouring 10 miles from the track at 6:00. We decided to go anyway. However, it was apparent that many people stayed home, presumably because of the weather. Why don't the tracks change their rain out procedures. For example, if you don't get any features in, give them rain checks that they can either use for future races or get a refund. Other than the hassle of refunding the money, would it be the best for the track? More people would attend the races on questionable nights because they are not risking their money. The track has higher attendence and only risks potentially refunding some of the money that they wouldn't have received anyway. TCS did this with the WoO races last year, but I don't think most tracks do this.

It is what it is. People just have to take a chance like we did last night.
true. as much as mpally is right. it be nice for something a lil more helpful . it is what it is and it probably wont change soo u take Ur chance .

It is what it is. People just have to take a chance like we did last night.

The only way the track loses is if people show up regardless of the weather forecast. It was clear last night at I-55, that people stayed home presumabely due to the weather forecast. Last night should have been a well attended event and it was only a $20 gate. I can only assume it would have been even worse if it was a bigger show with a higher admission. Maybe it's time for a change. A little cooperation from the tracks on this and maybe everyone benefits.

Not always the tracks policy either. if its a big show and other sanctions are involved.......they make their stipulations as well. But overall........you get what you pay for. Its always a chance but its still cheaper than seeing a 1 1/2 hour movie with lots of previews and infomercials.

Those features have to be made up and paid out. so how are they to give you a free ticket to get in to see two features for the price of one. It has always been if the feature line ups are set then all purse will be paid out as the races are made up. the track cannot afford to give fans two purses for one ticket price! If it rains out before the line ups are set then all tickets are rain checks and good for another night! Weather is a pain and there is no really other way to do it i don't think. I do think if a fan cannot make it back in those next few weeks for the make ups most promoters would do something for them if contacted at a later day or by mail.

Well i was in the pits and I thought to myself as i looked up and around the empty stands " Did they advertise at all for this race " is what i kept asking myself or was it the weather or economy that made so many miss one heck of a show.... I remember 20 years ago St Charles, Bellvelle and I-55 always ran adds on several radio stations around St louis but I never hear any now at all unless I just dont hear them and that may be the case but you cant beat a 20.00 general admisision price for a good nite of racing like Saturday Nite

Back