Clarksville Speedway First Track To Sign Up For The Stormpay.com Weekly Racing Series

CRUSAPR

RENO, NV – Clarksville Speedway in Clarksville, TN became the first weekly dirt track to sign up for the StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series for Crate Engine Dirt Late Models on Thursday night. Clarksville Speedway Owner/Promoter William Scogin continues his association with the series which was known as Crate Racin’ USA during the 2005 season.

Clarksville, TN is also the home base for StormPay.com, a globally recognized leader in online auction listings.

The StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series features economical engines produced by GM Performance and sealed at factory. The StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series gives weekly short track competitors an opportunity to compete against drivers at other weekly tracks on a regional and national basis.

Scogin believes in the concept of the StormPay Dirt Late Model Series in that it brings an economic balance to short track racing and dirt late model competition.

“I try to do what’s right for the racers,” Scogin said. “I ran two Crate Racin’ USA races in 2005, and I saw that it was the future of dirt late model racing, in that it gives the drivers a chance to compete on a level playing field for a tenth of the cost, and I don’t have to charge my fans an outrageous ticket price to see it.”

Scogin announced at the RPM Promoter’s Workshop that he has big plans for 2006 in teaming up with the StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series.

“During a four-week period during the summer, we will run stand alone events for the StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series Late Model Division called the StormPay.com Tuesday Night Thunder with a $5 general admission ticket,” Scogin said. “We will also run a $2,000-to-win StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series National event on Monday night, July 3, and a $5,000-to-win show on Tuesday night, July 4 with supporting classes each night.”

StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series Director Mike Vaughn is looking forward to working with Scogin and Clarksville Speedway for the second straight season.

“William and Tammy Scogin were instrumental in helping us bring this series where it is at today,” Vaughn said. “They have been a strong supporter of the series from day one, and it only seems appropriate that they are the first track to sign on for the StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series.”

Vaughn and Scogin said plans are in the works for a third date at the ¼-mile clay oval. For more information about Clarksville Speedway, visit their web site at www.clarksvillespeedway.com. For more information about the StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series, visit the series web site at www.stormpayracing.com.

Back