Clay County Speedway-Fastrak Facts

sean2

Keep Watching
* Clay County Speedway is currently the only Fastrak Sanctioned Track in Illinois.

* Fastrak is offering a $10,000 to win, National Weekly Championship, in which you count only your best 15 finishes.

* You can compete for the Fastrak Weekly Championship by competing weekly at Clay County Speedway during the 2008 season.

* You only have to compete in 15 races to qualify for the year end $50,000 To Win Fastrak Grand Nationals.

* It will be easy for area drivers to get qualified for the Fastrak Grand Nationals, just by competing in a minimum of 15 events at Clay County Speedway.

* Canister Shocks are still allowed in the Fastrak Series and are welcome at Clay County Speedway.

* Clay County Speedway Tire Rule will be announced soon.

* Watch www.ccsdirttrackracin.com for upcoming announcements concerning the 2008 season

god luck..class that is suppose to keep the cost down but allows cannister shocks,go figure!

God Luck

God Willing, You'll go run UMP GOOD LUCK #2 Today, 05:19 AM
racer94
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2004

god luck..class that is suppose to keep the cost down but allows cannister shocks,go figure!

You know what Potter, I don't know why you would care anyway since you have no interest in a crate car. Just like half the other people on these boards you seem to just want to complain about something.

The fact is when I called Stan Lester 4 years ago to try & get crate cars in our area, the idea was to put a Crate engine in a Late Model. We never intended for this class to be a "Spec" class. I am not going to try & explain the pro's & con's of canisters, that has been done enough on here! You want to save money? Take your "super" engine out & put a crate engine in your late model & run the crate tires.......BOOM! You just saved thousands from the get-go! How is that for "keeping the cost's down"?

This class was designed to put a Crate Engine in a Late Model, it wasn't designed to be a "Spec" class, Period!

I think UMP capping the purse to keep the super guys racing supers is a very smart move on UMP's part. They don't want to see Supers die, and they would appear to be promoting a very fundamental part of the main idea behind crates to begin with, and that is to allow room for underfunded racers and beginners to have a LM class they could be competitive in without having to race the big budget SLM teams.

I think that the cap is crap............. It seems the cost of everything in life has went up.. Cost of living, cost of racing, cost of gas, cost of shipping , etc.....

I think that all classes are underpaid JMO

You know what Potter, I don't know why you would care anyway since you have no interest in a crate car. Just like half the other people on these boards you seem to just want to complain about something.

The fact is when I called Stan Lester 4 years ago to try & get crate cars in our area, the idea was to put a Crate engine in a Late Model. We never intended for this class to be a "Spec" class. I am not going to try & explain the pro's & con's of canisters, that has been done enough on here! You want to save money? Take your "super" engine out & put a crate engine in your late model & run the crate tires.......BOOM! You just saved thousands from the get-go! How is that for "keeping the cost's down"?

If you think what UMP is doing to the crate class is so great then more power to you! The fact is that UMP is screwing this class up! The crate class is the only class sanctioned by UMP that has a $500 to win cap on the purse for their weekly tracks. The Super Late models, Modifieds, Sportsman, Street Stocks, B-Mods & even the Hornets don't have a cap on the purse. You know why UMP put a $500 to win cap on the crate purse? I do, it is because if the payout gets anywhere close to the Super Late Model payout the Super car counts would plummet & they don't want to see that happen!

This class was designed to put a Crate Engine in a Late Model, it wasn't designed to be a "Spec" class, Period!

I have been a supporter of UMP for years, but the fact is they are ruining this class!

if you cannot handle other poeples opinions then get off the public forums.the crate guys voice their opinions on the open motor classes,i see it fit for the open motor guys to do the same.all you hear is how the cost is lower in this class and is suppose to keep the cost down and open the door for underbudget teams...allowing cannister shocks is sure not going to help anyone but the guys that can afford them!!!!

you already know i dont like ump at all,all they are about is blowing rules way out of proportion,but i cant say that the crate class is any better..its all smoke and mirrors!!

shocks dont MATTER

HEY RACER IT TAKES several things to be fast DRIVER ,CREW , TIRES ,MONEY, CAR, ENGINEAAAHHHHHHH....COLD BEER..RACE TRACK

shocks are one of the biggest factors of tuning the car,without them the driver,car,crew get nowhere!!

i am never in favor of paying the racers less money; but in this case the cap is a good idea. here's why... if you start getting close to 1k to win, the super guys will drag their spare car out, put a crate in it, and go 'cherry picking'. it won't take long for the guy who scrimps and saves every dime he's got just to make it to the track to get disgusted and stay home. regardless of what some of the egomaniacs on here think, YOU NEED THE GUYS WHO FINISH 9TH ON BACK TO SHOW UP EVERY WEEK.. you can't just cater to a few of the guys and dump on the rest. a very good example of 'cherry picking' in modern day racing is the nascar busch(now nationwise)series. look at the finishing order of any race last season. any one at all. 8 out of top 10 were cup regulars.

shocks are one of the biggest factors of tuning the car,without them the driver,car,crew get nowhere!!

People have been tuning cars without canisters for years. Are you saying that you can't tune a car without canisters Potter? LOL! J/K Yes I can take others opinions, I have been around here long enough to know that someone is going to give theirs.

There is more to this than just the "Super" guys "Cherry Picking", but hey, whatever. They can do whatever they want I guess.

Back to the original topic.......... Fastrak Late Models at Clay County Speedway......................

did i say anywhere that you couldnt tune a car without cannisters,no.

so what your saying is we can throw cannister shocks on any of the cars out their and it wont make a difference????

they will make a difference and cost the lower budget teams $$$$$ to keep up,period!!!

if what you say is true,hell we may as well throw the shocks in the trash and run NONE cause it doesnt matter whats on the car..

midget racer-i agree,dont cater to just your top 5.everyone out their is out their for the same reason,wether they finish at the back or the front.

Opinions are good, but facts are better. Talking about FASTRAK (which is what I thought this thread was about at Clay County). Please reveiw the results from the touring region (Midwest) at any time and you will see that we had multiple winners. Some had cannisters some did not. NO big money guys EVER came and took the regional money. Most all of those races were at least $1,000 to win and mostly $1,200 to win. In this class, there is SO much to consider. No single item makes a certain driver stand out. It's a whole package. Now that we know how some feel about shocks, let's get on with it. Okay??? This is not a thread debating that item. I believe it has already been debated on several threads. So, to stay on the subject and welcoming all voices, let's talk about any questions folks have regarding FASTRAK at Clay County.

I'm not trying to tick anybody off, but I like either learning something of value on these forums or obtaining useful information. Hearing the same person with the same type of comments gets old; especially, when it has no bearing on the subject.

The payout will be announced soon. Richard is still out of town and we are still working on the purse. We'll post here as soon as it's finalized.

Back