Commonwealth Cup

mudslinger fan

The dates I saw for this are Oct. 24th and 25th. It is still on at KLMS isn't it. If you have never gone to this race in Kentucky, you ought to go just once. It is great racing and nice facilities. One of my favorites.:p

I went to the Commonwealth three years in a row. But haven't been back to it in two years. I don't plan on it this year either. The owners down there are just in it for the money and don't care about the racers or the fans. They probably have the best racetrack/facilities in the midwest, but they ran a horrible show the last time I was there. It is worth the trip though just to see the place and run by the lake too.

I'll go to this race because it is really the only show goin on that time of year...but a word of warning:
If you go...expect to just stay down at the track on Friday night..because by the time they get done on Friday night it is usually Saturday about noon. KLMS=looooooooooong nights.
They are really slow for the Commonwealth..always have been always will be...but it is a nice facility and worth the trip to see some "big dog" late models.

Someone should set up a booth and sell long underwear! I always think a sweatshirt, jeans and jacket will keep me warm - never does!

It is usually a good show though.

This year it isn't the only option. Fayette County has a special event for LM, MODS, SPRINTS & MICROS on October 25th.

This information was posted on 4M about a week ago:

Fri. Oct. 24th- Qualifying, heats and $2,000 to win feature with twelve car field with top 10 coming from the heats and the last two positions chosen by the fans. Nothing was mentioned as to the length of the feature.

Sat. Oct. 25th- 50 lap Commonwealth Cup. No word on how much to win. A two day grandstand ticket will be $50.00. $20.00 on Friday and $30.00 on Saturday.

You would think that if they knew how much they wanted to charge that they would also know how much they were going to pay to win the race.

Having experienced some of the other Commonwealth Cups including the Infamous Commonwealth "sleepover" ( I left halfway through the feature at 3:30 A.M.) I just do not trust the Greers enough to go just because the place looks nice.

50 bucks to see a late show been there once in 99 andthat's enough for me,someone need tobuy the GREERS A WATCH got back from Brownstown IND OR even from ELDORA EARLIER THAN I DID FROM KLMS

This last Dream race I left the track as soon as the race was over and drove for five hours to get home a half hour sooner than the time I left the Commonwealth Cup (3:30 A.M.) and I left halfway through the Commonwealth feature.

Good thing you were watching and not racing. Too many cautions and you have to take a nap!!!!!! Who cares about the drive? Yeah, I go alone and are pretty tired coming home but it is good racing at a great facility.

From the once or twice a year I have gone to KLMS the last several years, sometimes including the Common Wealth Cup, I will say year before last was terrible. I did see alot of improvement on my one visit last year, maybe more improvement than I have seen from one visist to the next at a race track. There recovery service was terrible, and improved some, there weekly pay was always as good as any, better in some spots and a litle less in others. I think they are being forced to improve their program to come closer to matching the facility in order to stay open.

hey

the mystery machine will be running to the Commonwealth Cup...anyone need a ride?

p.s. There could be free cheeseburgers....hahaha

Back