Complete Results....Is it too much to ask for??

sean2

Keep Watching
Is it too much trouble to post complete results from the races? With two of our area tracks struggling to stay open you would think that they would take advantage of the free advertising that is allowed on here for race tracks to promote their upcoming races, as well as complete results from the weekly events. Maybe it would get more people interested in what is going on. Maybe not....... :confused:

Just a suggestion, but you COULD go to their websites and check out results. Seems as though others have no problems doing so.

Just a suggestion, but you COULD go to their websites and check out results. Seems as though others have no problems doing so.

No others will find the results I am talking about!! Thanks anyway. I guess no one really cares.............

As someone who deals with, and publishes results from about 20 tracks and 15 series on a weekly basis, I would have to agree with Sean on this one. Some tracks are cool, send out results right away. Others wait 2-3 days, and some places, it's like pulling teeth to get results at all. I wish we could talk all tracks into using www.speednetdirect.com it is a real effective site with lots of tracks involved. The problem again being, that someone FROM the track with those results HAS to be willing to share those results.
I actually had one promoter tell me he didn't care about publishing results, all he wanted was paying butts in the seats, but was willing to advertise all it took to do that.

Perhaps if Sean was worried about the tracks like he said he is maybe he would turn loose of some of his money and GO to some of these tracks instead of complaining
Rick Riebeling
Producer
St. Louis Motorsports Review
Charter Cable channel 18(St. Louis)
Tuesday 8:30 PM
Charter Cable channel 98(Ste.Genevieve)
Friday 8:30 AM,2:30 PM and 8:30 PM
Saturday 2:30 AM
www.stlmotorsportsreview.com

Is it too much trouble to post complete results from the races? With two of our area tracks struggling to stay open you would think that they would take advantage of the free advertising that is allowed on here for race tracks to promote their upcoming races, as well as complete results from the weekly events. Maybe it would get more people interested in what is going on. Maybe not....... :confused:

WOW! No matter what track officials do it's generally not good enough for some of the message board folks!

For many years I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning submitting results to the news media, including this message board, and updating Fayete County's website.

It's sad that gone are the days where people wait until the newspaper comes out (in our case it's a weekly newspaper) to get last week's results. Instead, inquiring minds on the message boards continue to want race results as soon as the event is over - or, in some cases, before the events even begin. Sometimes it's doable, but most of the time it's just not!

In my opinion - and it's just that ... my opinion - give them a break! They do a good job and certainly aren't compensated enough for the hours it takes to keep the inquiring minds happy! I should know, I've been there and did that for years! It's often a thankless job that no matter what you do isn't good enough. But, when you love racing you'll do what it takes to help promote the track you're associated with.

No, I don't go to the races much anymore, but I do still follow this great message board and what's going on at area tracks; consequently, I'm always looking for results on here too ... but I understand and appreciate the facts that track officials have real lives and need personal time too. Give 'em a brake and be patient ... they'll get them posted as quickly as they can.

And honestly, do you really think whether the results posted on this site are going to affect every track? I doubt it ... many of the race fans don't follow the message boards - it's officials from other tracks (or track promoter haters) that often complain when things aren't posted quick enough.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend ... and please, take a moment to remember those that gave us the freedom to have use great message board!

Leigh Ann Wells

Mark Oller won Sean and the #49 white with orange #'s was second in the crates. Cody Kinser won sprints, and Rob Timmons won modifieds, and J.J. Miller won street stocks, #17 won hornets.

Not sure what the big fuss is all about. When I want to know how my friends did, I just call them up and they give me a rundown on the night's events. As far as where each and every car in each and every class finished, why is it such a big deal to wait until they are posted?

The people who post results have lives too.

Amen to that Leigh Ann! If people only knew what goes on and the hours it takes to write stories, mail them out, produce programs, update e-mail lists, send stuff to webmasters, post on the message boards, send sponsor information, get driver profiles updated, I could go on. It takes a lot of personal time and very few of us do this for a living, we have regular lives, full-time jobs and families to care for as well. Perhaps suggesting, politely I might add, to an owner or promoter that there are other avenues for getting the news out about their tracks would be a good way to see if your favorite track's results can be made available. Talk to them face-to-face, not behind a computer screen name that means nothing to them. Unfortunately message boards have turned out to be not so great. Mostly, there is a backlash going on by track personnel to even get on them anymore because people are so out of control. Just my two cents.

Sam

I guess I came across the wrong way..............

I am well aware of the time people put in! I would like to see the local tracks do well, I am not bashing them! A little promotion can sure help. If you look on here some of the local stl tracks always have results, information and what not posted on here daily, those tracks seem to do better than those that don't.

Again, I am not bashing the tracks.

Now you can continue to bash me..................LOL

sean, you get on here and make a sarcastic remark like what you said to start this subject, then you wonder why people 'bash' you? get a clue, dude. like Rick Riebeling said in his post, maybe you could go to these tracks and find out for yourself; anybody willing to give sean a ride? LOLOLOLOL!!!!

What was I thinking asking for results on a racing message board?? I forgot this site is for bashing only! LOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!!! GFY!

Ive said this before and once again its proven true. Some of these guys who are involved in or were involved in crate racing on the promotional or official side seem to get a tude once in awhile for some reason. I dont know why it happens but it does. They come and go...then poof they are back and griping about something as usual. Must be a stressful job i guess and thats their release. Makes the crate organization look like a bunch of aggravated people. Yoga and coffee in the morning works wonders

gfy????? not hardly.....that's more your area of expertise.... by the way, maybe greyhound is going your way.... oh, and in case you forgot, you started this thread with a bash of sorts, so what's that saying... if you can't take it, don't dish it?

Back