Converters and trans-brakes

Bryan

Ok, what kind of converters are we running that will handle a Trans-brake? I cannot seem to get a straight answer. I bought one, and now the manufacturer says it will not work with a trans-brake. They want 900.00 for one that they say will work. Do I need anti-ballooning plates with a trans-brake, or is that strictly for nitrous? TCI cant seem to make up their mind, they say one thing, but their adds say another. I know some of you guys or gals in comp can help me find what I need. Of course I want to spend the least I can, but I'll pay what I have to as long as I know it will work. These things (converters) range from 200 to 1000 dollars. I need to know the next one I buy will be what I need. CYA!

Hey Bryan ive got a solution to your trans brake problems, u could always just buy my buggy, then u wont need a transbrake then u would be running in comp elim. or you could also run in it stock buggy.

LOL thats one solution I guess. It would be easier to haul also. These guys at the companies have just about got me pi**ed off. They tell you one thing then start back pedaling on it. So I figured I would ask those who are running the things and see what they were running. Why are you selling your buggy? You going to buy Williams car at the end of the year?

well if i do sell it, if i do race it will be racing soemthing on the dirt track, and who do u mean williams car? do u mean william sutton?

I know what I need now

yeah William Sutton, they say his car will be for sale at the end of the year. I think he is going to a faster car. And if I'm not mistaken, I think I even heard asphalt mentioned a time or two. And I did get a chance to talk with B&M today. They said I do need the anti ballooning plates. A Nitro converter. Thats what I finally needed to know. I thought probably, but didnt want to spend the extra money until I was sure. Anyway, I guess I will find my hammer to bash my piggy bank open now lol. Looks like that .400th of a second is going to cost me about a grand lol.

I should be able to make the cut this year, but wont mess with it until next. There are a few things I will need to do to the truck when it hits the 5.50 mark. I dont want to run off all the comp guys/ gals this late in the year lol. I'll wait until next year when they figure they have all season to beat me lol. Their going to kill me for awhile, but it should be fun. At least it wont be the same two trucks every race.

actually bryan when u go to comp it will be the same to truck still lol. good luck in comp thats all i got to say, i ran comp 2 weeks ago and i ran a 5.345 on a 5.34 dial in 2 different times and i still lost both times but my 600 reaction times is what made me loose/

actually bryan when u go to comp it will be the same to truck still lol. good luck in comp thats all i got to say, i ran comp 2 weeks ago and i ran a 5.345 on a 5.34 dial in 2 different times and i still lost both times but my 600 reaction times is what made me loose.

Yeah, thats going to be my problem to. The truck will do its part, it runs fairly consistant, but I have bad reaction times lol. I remember one night Stevie came back (a little disgusted) and ask Brad if he had ever cut a 6 light. I just laughed and told him I do it all the time lol. Those guys are in the 4's pretty consistantly. It will be fun and a nice challenge. The trans brake should help me some.

Back