coulterville

does anyone know what the tire rules are going to be for coulterville this year? was not sure if it is going to stay burris or not. thanks

going to stay a Burris track with a twist. karts will qualify this year and rt.side tires will be marked when you cross the scales post qualifing. these marked tires then will be the tires you will run all nite.

going to stay a Burris track with a twist. karts will qualify this year and rt.side tires will be marked when you cross the scales post qualifing. these marked tires then will be the tires you will run all nite.

What was the reasoning???....think it could be a good idea...wish I could have made the meeting but had other plans.

They will be using transponders. There was talk about qualifying and 1 heat with the top 2 qualifyers start on the front row of the main.

Jmo

First of all don't bite my head off. I'm bored and want to give my oppinions.

First, Qualifying is a good idea if you have 100 + karts, but if you only have 30 or 40 karts a night, just a waist of time. Also if you start the fast qualifiers up front all the time, you are going to lose alot of beginner racers trying to learn. Fans will also fade if the same drivers always start up front and win every race. Some teams have alot more money and experience.

Second, racing every other week is a good idea, if you like to travel and race at other tracks. But some racers can't afford to, and some can't get off work early enough to travel. Beginners like to run every week that is close to home, and points to win a track championship. for bragging rights.

Third, changing the track to a bigger track, a momentum track, most peaple like that because you have more room to race and not tear up equipment.
But think about that also, learn to race on a smaller track without running over other people and tearing up equipment, you have learned something.

Finally, Hopefully there will be a little more communication at this track than there was in the past couple years. cancellations, points, results, teching and just listening to the racers. We are looking forward to the new season and hope everything goes well. Thanks to Mr. Jackson and all who keep us racing.

Some good points goody78rsg

The good thing on qualifying with a small kart count is the beginner drivers get more track time and if you are racing every other weekend it's nice to get all the track time you can. We had a low kart count last year so they added some extra early morning practice. Witch since we need the track time realy helped out.
I agree on the up front fast drivers, maybe invert the field some times? Just an idea
Your 3rd thing... Good point also, Bryan races on a tight track and when we can afford to go out of town he enjoys the bigger tracks.
We went to Gateway and Norway last year and Bryan got to mash the gas all the way around and it became his #1 tracks to run. Good luck this year and maybe we can stop in to watch the races.

I don't mind the qualifying so much but I see what Goody is saying. He does make a point. I actually like the everyother week thing. It could bring counts up because more people will make it a point to be there because they are only racing everyother week.

Now on this tire thing....can we get a for sure thing?? Is it a Burris track or a Burris 33 ONLY track??? Makes no difference to me but I would like to know.

Also what is with making us run the same right sides all night??? What is the reasoning behind it? I have a bunch of older tires that I am setting up for different conditions. Its not like I am bolting "new" ones on but if the conditions change it could screw everyones tire selection up. Just a thought.....just wanted to know the reasoning behind it.

I think what Mr. Jackson has done is AWESOME!!! I look forward to racing over there some this year!!!

Any Burris tire you wish to run. This will help people who have a lot of old Burris tires laying around.

I don't mind the qualifying so much but I see what Goody is saying. He does make a point. I actually like the everyother week thing. It could bring counts up because more people will make it a point to be there because they are only racing everyother week.

Now on this tire thing....can we get a for sure thing?? Is it a Burris track or a Burris 33 ONLY track??? Makes no difference to me but I would like to know.

Also what is with making us run the same right sides all night??? What is the reasoning behind it? I have a bunch of older tires that I am setting up for different conditions. Its not like I am bolting "new" ones on but if the conditions change it could screw everyones tire selection up. Just a thought.....just wanted to know the reasoning behind it.

I think what Mr. Jackson has done is AWESOME!!! I look forward to racing over there some this year!!!

I'm gonna say running the same right side tires all night will prevent people from prepping one new set of tires all night long just for the feature. You will have to manage your tires/prepping now. If you use a strong prep, and prep a lot for the heat races, you just might hurt yourself in the feature.

There aren't many conditions around here a Burris 33 won't cover.

Burris only for the outlaws too? I ask because i have seen where other tracks have a burris only rule for the stockers and open on other classes?

No tire rule for Outlaws.We're thinking about a "No Prep" rule for Outlaws.Any feelings regarding this idea??

There is no way to stop preping tires,it is a waste of time to have such a rule.
In the outlaw class i dont know if hoosers will work there.

i agree with irefin on the no prep rule for outlaws.
must of us that race there dont use it anyway.
i think if we had a vote for this it would pass.

kevin project k&k karting

prep rule

if you went with a no prep rule everyone will start preping from the inside and it works a lot better that rolling it on the outside

Back