Cup cars on dirt?

Doug

Announcer
Now that I've got your attention :) , I just read an article in the October issue of Circle Track about the NASCAR Dash series running a dirt track race at Georgia's Oglethorpe Speedway earlier this year. So it got me thinking, if NASCAR would be willing to put one of their touring series on dirt, would they be willing to try it with others? Granted, NASCAR is dropping the Dash series after this year, but still, they are a division that NASCAR currently sanctions. Imagine this- putting the Truck series on a big half mile dirt track. Let's say Tri-City or Terre Haute. Or let's go one better- Busch or Cup cars on the Springfield or DuQuoin Mile. ARCA has proven these types of cars can run a competitve show at these types of tracks, so let's put 'em on dirt and see who the real racers are. I know, there's a better chance of winning the lottery than any of this ever happening, but it is kinda interesting to think about.

That question was on Wind Tunnel with Dave Dispane, wrote in by someone from Du Quion. Dave said it was interesting, but not gonna happen.

One of the main problems would be the facility. I don't know of any dirt track that could hold 100,000 fans. What does Eldora hold? Nor do they have pit roads. I assume Eldora does not.

It would be pretty cool though, Schrader might actually win one of those. LOL

!!!

that wold be awsome!!! but i do agree there wouldent be enough seets for the fans and all that.....Great idea but even seeing them all there and race in late models would be cool!

i say move the winson all star race to the dirt track across the street down there and let em go at it. has far as seats go, humpy wheeler can put some more seat around it. he has got the cash to do it.

As cool as it would be to see, NASCAR's corporate sponsors they have to entertain might get dirty. If it happened, I think the truck series would put on a great show at a track like Eldora.

Back