Curious

flyin'bryanfan

I was just wondering if the drivers or a friend(because they don't want to give their user name away;)) would like to tell how they chose their number for their car? I know several athletes have chosen a number to wear that is special to them, either their favorite athlete wore that number, a lucky number etc. I just thought this would be some neat information about our favorite drivers and a positive and fun thread.:)

I don't race, but I do play in an adult baseball league at Forrest Park. I wear the number 47 because it's the number of Tom Glavine, my favorite pitcher growing up. If I ever do race (and I hope to do so at some point), I will use the number 47.

i used to run number 10 because that was my dad's number but i had such terrible luck my dad changed it to number 12 now we both run that number

i chose number 69 for my son that way if he turn over it would still be 69, and i hoped it wouldnt ever do that but he has proved me wrong twice, lol

sparky

Number

We chose 441 because Chris Bargetzi (and my dad) was the first to help Aaron with his first stockcar... and it's different.

I picked 19 because Aaron Kleine (#9) and Roger Fohne (#29) were my two favorite drivers so I picked the number in the middle. Plus I was a big Brendan Shanahan fan

i run 26 because it is the day i am born on.. also because ricky bobby is the best there ever was plain and simple :D:D :cool: i wake up in the morning and i piss excellence:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOW GOOD THREAD HERES OURS
We chose #89 Because Bryan said in his 1st year of racing he wanted it because I am one of the bigest Bittle fans to walk the earth. in the past 3 years Bryan and I made a change to the #55 because we both like Jeep Van Wormer

DEI uses the numbers 1 and 8...They put them on the car leaning forward (to the front)on both sides. I also like Shannon Babb, so I use #18 with the number leaning forward on both sides.

I don't race, but I do play in an adult baseball league at Forrest Park. I wear the number 47 because it's the number of Tom Glavine, my favorite pitcher growing up. If I ever do race (and I hope to do so at some point), I will use the number 47.

Jason, If you ever want to get in one of my cars at a Tri-City test-n-tune, just let me know.:)

Rob

Here's one for you!

I went to the races for the first time without a number so what did I do, I made the #11 out of tape because it was easy. There was already a #1.

Thanks,

Kevin Gundaker

I ran 12 on my ATV and first purestocks because of my cousin Mark when we went back to sportsman I went with 112 because it was the day Delayni my daughter was born.

Jason :D

Number choice

My dads cousin Jim Eaves (Davids dad) raced when I was a kid. I fell in love with racing watching him. I asked him once why he chose 44. He said that it was because it was all straight lines and therefore easier to paint on his car. I thought that was pretty funny.
Brian #44

I chose the #22 because i grew up watching my uncle drive the number 21 and my other love was basketball at the time and who did every kid look up to at the time, the #23 of Michael Jordan. So i picked a number in between, 22, in fourth grade basketball and have had it ever since in every sport.

Back