Dodson And Ram Engineering Ready To Kick Off Usac Sprint Season At Winchester

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
GREENFIELD, IN (April 16, 2007) - Cameron Dodson is ready to shift into high gear as he and his RAM Engineering team prepare for the first race of their 2007 USAC National Sprint Series' tour together at this Sunday's "Rich Vogler Classic". The 30-lap annual race is held at the half-mile paved oval of Winchester (IN) Speedway. Dodson’s plans for his USAC Sprint debut were washed away with inclement weather as last weekend’s “Glen Niebel Classic” was postponed so this weekend’s event at Winchester will mark the Hoosier phenom’s season debut with the RAM Engineering team and also be the first paved venue on the 2007 USAC Sprint tour.

Dodson and the RAM Engineering #50m team concluded their 2006 season with a top-5 finish in the sprint portion of the “PRI MOPAR Sprint & Midget Classic” and feel confident about their 2007 tour. Dodson will pilot the Dick Myers’ owned, Gaerte powered Beast Chassis that carries sponsorship from RAM Engineering, Bilstein Shocks, Weld Wheels, Hoosier Tire, The Joie of Seating, Fuller Life Water, Bell Hell Helmets, Sparco, KSE Steering and Doty Graphics for eleven USAC Sprint Series’ events.

“RAM Engineering is pleased to prepare a car for Cameron Dodson's assault on USAC pavement sprint car racing,” noted team owner Dick Myers. “He demonstrated that he can be a contender on short tracks at the PRI Sprint and Midget Classic in December and his remarkable success at high speed winged races will give him an edge at places like Winchester, Iowa and Richmond.”

Dodson may only be 18 years old but he is already a veteran of midgets, winged and non-winged sprints, and the USAC Silver Crown™ Series. The popular young racer believes that his diverse background and opportunities such as those offered by RAM Engineering are what help him continue to mature into a well-rounded driver.

“I am very honored to return to the seat of the #50m RAM Engineering team of Dick Myers,” added Dodson. “We had a good 2006 season together and the equipment that he and the team provide me is capable of winning. The competition in USAC is fierce but we have all of the makings of a winning team. I’m looking forward to seeing what we can do this year and believe I’m in the best condition ever going into a season because of opportunities that I have been fortunate enough to have, thanks to people like Dick [Myers], Chris Santucci and Carl Edwards. They have all offered up awesome rides for helping me continue to learn and make my dream come true. Hopefully I can return the honor by putting them in victory lane.”

The 30-lap “Rich Vogler Classic” is scheduled for Sunday, April 22nd, at the .5-mi Winchester (IN) Speedway. Log on to http://www.usacracing.com for event schedules and live results or visit http://www.camerondodson.com for the latest news on Cameron Dodson.

Back