Don Klein begins 7th different decade in racing.

Brandon Paul

Free agent score guy
Congrats to Dandy Don on now racing in a staggering seven different decades (50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and now 10s.) And watching Klein and Hammerle go at it in the feature, it was like we had one of those "Hot Tub Time Machines" back to 1986.:D

that is awesome my friend is named don klein gallagher his dad was a mechanic for old dandy don late 70`s early 80`s gotta love the dirt track

dandy don is my hero

WAAAAAAAAAAAY back in 69 i won the DOG race one night at the charlie bowl (my first allied win)and after i took my victory (LOL) lap don came out to my car and gave me my bonuis prize a BARDOHL jacket..he has been my hero ever since...JIMMY JOHNSON GOT NOTHING ON DANDY DON.........still got that jacket

Attachments

• img004.jpg
    img004.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 153
Congrats that is impressive! I still want to be like Don Klein when I grow up. He is a class act ! I think the Ford motor co. should put his F250 in a museum that truck has to have hauled more horses over the years then any other truck ever.

Good luck to Don and crew in 2010.

I was at Eldora when Don won his last feature at Belleville and they announced it along with his age. The crowd there loved it!

He has had many years as a class act.

AK

Is there anything that can be said about Donnie that hasn't been said 1000's of times? He's been my hero since I was old enough to say his name, and will be till I cash in my chips! I truthfully think If every racer carried and conducted themselves as Donnie has himself throughout his career, racing would be better for it. The man deserves all the accolades and the utmost respect we can give. If you're too young to remember his hay day, then respect him for what you're told, cuz it's true. As far as I'm concerned and many others as well, he's the best this area has ever seen, and ranks right up there with the best ever in the country.

LONG LIVE THE DANDY ONE!!!!!:cool:

yes Dandy Don is a true legend and one the nicest guys you will find anywhere they talk about drivers driving 25 ,30 years and don coulld but won't too much class rookies ,keep on racing Donnie

It would be cool to have a living legends race at one of the local tracks. Get all the old timers together one last time for a 15 lap race for charity. Just a thought!

Dandy don

the one thing you can say is he is THE BEST THERE WAS THE BEST THERE IS AND THE THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!!!!!! good luck and race as long as you can we all love you and good luck!!!!!!

I agree with everybody. One of the great thrills of my life was when I had the opportunity to interview Don on my show. The nicest guy and a great conversation. About quarter way through I realized that I had nothing to add to the conversation, and I just let my co-host (Steu McClintock) and Don talk about the old time for the half hour.

this is truly amazing i myself have watched don klein race for about 22 yrs. what a driver,what a legend!!!

Back