Drew Armstrong Voted into Fast Shafts All Star Invitational

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Alexander, Arkansas (08/10/11) – Drew Armstrong, who pilots the #01a Armstrong Auto-Sports/Larry Shaw Open Wheel Modified recently received big news as he was notified that he has been voted into the starting grid for the Fast Shaft All Star Invitational, which is held during the annual IMCA Super Nationals at Boone Speedway (Boone, Iowa in early September. Out of the over 400,000 votes that were received, Armstrong received more votes than any other driver, and he was the youngest driver voted into the event at the age of 16. The 98 candidates on the All-Star ballot included last season’s regional and state champions, and the winners of events that paid $1,000 or more held from June 1, 2010 through May 30, 2011. For more information, please visit www.IMCA.com/Supernationals/.

It was a long, adventurous, and disappointing weekend for Armstrong Autosports last week as the team took part in a pair of Weekly Racing Series Events at Batesville Motor Speedway (Locust Grove, Arkansas) and I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas).

On Friday night at Batesville Motor Speedway Drew would see his pole starting position go to waste as a broken pull bar ended his night early. Full results are available at www.BatesvilleMotorSpeedway.net.

Saturday night at I-30 found Drew starting 14th on the feature grid, and was passing for the fourth spot, when he became involved in a racing incident. Much to the disagreement and dismay of the team, Armstrong would receive the black flag, ending his night early. Full results are available at www.I-30Speedway.com.

The upcoming weekend, August 12th-13th, will see Drew once again enter a pair of Weekly Racing Series Events as he will race at Batesville Motor Speedway (Locust Grove, Arkansas) on Friday and at I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas) on Saturday night. For more information on this weekend's event, please visit www.BatesvilleMotorSpeedway.net and www.I-30Speedway.com

Armstrong Auto-Sports would like to thank all of their sponsors including Armstrong Expedite, Almond Deliver Service, ROCKHARD Powder Coating, New Vision Graphics, Brooks Shaw Driving School, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Seller’s Electric, Brad Mills Farms, and MSRMafia.com

For more information on Drew Armstrong and Armstrong Auto-Sports, please visit www.DrewArmstrong01.com .

Back