Duayne Hommel?

T.C. Springer

Determined
I heard a rumor that Duayne Hommel was in a bad car wreck tonight and is in the hospital and it doesnt look good. Does anyone have more info on him????

Best of Luck on a Speedy Recovery!

Unfortunately this all appears to be true. Here are two posts from flagone on 4m on Duayne's condition:

"Just talked to Richie at the shop. This is true. Duayne was involved in a bad crash and has head injuries. He is at UT Medical Center. Please keep Duyane in your prayers."

"I just talked to Gayla (Duayne's mom) at the hospital. She said they are still doing x-rays and such in the ER and Duayne was to be moved to ICU soon. His injuries are mainly head and chest related."

As flagone said: Please keep Duayne in your prayers. He is a great racer and a good person.

Thoughts and Prayers Duayne!

I have received information from Kirk Loudy, Birkhofer's crewchief, and David McCoy, a driver from North Carolina as well as an update on 4M by close associate "Fleabag" that they have relieved pressure on the brain and he was off the respirator for about 5 minutes today and vital signs are remaining steady but Duayne does still remain in critical condition at University of Tennessee Medical Center. There will probably be permamnent partial paralysis as well as the loss of vision of one eye and possibly both. Regretfully, it is looking like the racing career of a promising national star is over. He was not wearing his seat belt and was ejected through the windshield.

Wow what a sad reporting. Our prayers go out to this family and this man... Pray for a miricle maybe to walk or to see he has a 1 year old and that child needs him.... Also always wear
a seat belt as well as making the kids wear one also.....
Thoughts and prayers......

Back