Entries Rolling In For 14th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Show Me 100

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Ben Shelton
West Plains, Missouri (5/9/06) - Less than three weeks remains until the 14th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Show Me 100 rumbles to life at Don and Billie Gibson’s West Plains Motor Speedway in West Plains, Missouri on May 25th-27th, 2006. The 14th edition of the legendary event will boast $40,000 going to the winner of the 100 lap affair, and $4,000 just to make the twenty-four car starting grid.

As anticipation for the event increases, so does the number of entries received each day. Several pre-entries, representing 17 states, have been received with more arriving daily. This factored in with the trend for most drivers to just file their entry when they arrive at the track indicates that this could be the most talented and diverse field ever assembled at West Plains Motor Speedway.

Among the early entries for this year’s event are six of the seven former O’Reilly Show Me 100 Champions. They are Scott Bloomquist (Tennessee), Billy Moyer (Arkansas), Ray Cook (Georgia), Freddy Smith (Tennessee), Wendell Wallace (Arkansas), and Terry Phillips (Missouri).

Some of the notable pre-entries/pre-commitments from the national racing scene that have been received so far include Chub Frank (Pennsylvania), Matt Miller (Ohio), Dan Schlieper (Wisconsin), Clint Smith (Georgia), Skip Arp (Tennessee), Darren Miller (Illinois) Dale McDowell (Georgia), Billy Drake (Illinois), Bill Frye (Arkansas), Brian Birkhofer (Iowa), Rick Eckert (Pennsylvania), Brandon Kinzer (Kentucky), Chris Madden (South Carolina), Tim McCreadie (New York), Jimmy Mars (Wisconsin), Shannon Babb (Illinois), Don O’Neal (Indiana), Earl Pearson Jr. (Florida), Marshall Green (Georgia), Dennis Erb Jr. (Illinois), Shane Clanton (Georgia), Steve Francis (Kentucky), and many more.

2006 also looks to provide a strong contingent of drivers making their first trek to West Plains Motor Speedway in an effort to earn a coveted starting spot in the 14th Annual O’Reilly Show Me 100 feature event. Some of these drivers include Ronny Lee Hollingsworth (Alabama), Billy Moyer Jr. (Arkansas), Ronnie DeHaven Jr. (Virginia), Jordan Bland (Kentucky), Brent Kreke (Illinois), Shannon Anastosopolos (Missouri), Chuck Laney (Tennessee), Lee Sutton (Georgia), Brandon Rose (Georgia), Lonnie Bailey (Illinois), and Johnny Cloer (Georgia).

For a full pre-entry list, including drivers not pre-entered but expected, please visit www.MidSouthRacing.com .

A total purse nearing $200,000 is just one of the many reasons that the nation’s best drivers converge on the 3/8 mile, clay oval. West Plains Motor Speedway is one of the nation’s best facilities top to bottom, and fans and drivers alike are treated like family. In addition, Mr. Don Gibson is notorious for preparing one of the smoothest and raciest surfaces in the nation. For 2006, new clay has been placed on the track. This added with a revised format will likely result in some of the best action that the Show Me 100 has ever produced.

In the first thirteen editions of the event, seven different drivers have claimed the top prize. Scott Bloomquist (1995, 2003, 2004, 2005), who is the defending champion, leads the way with four titles. Billy Moyer (1993, 1994, 1996) is second with three O’Reilly Show Me 100 Championships. Other drivers with Show Me 100 wins to their credit are Freddy Smith (1998 & 2001), Wendell Wallace (2002), Rick Aukland (1997), Ray Cook (2000), and Terry Phillips (1999). Who will add their name to the elite list in 2006?

The format for the 14th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Show Me 100 will get underway on Thursday, May 25th with the traditional practice night event that will include test and tune time from 7 pm to 9:30 pm. The popular BBQ Dinner with the drivers and crews will follow. The dinner is free to everyone with a pit pass and grandstand spectators are welcome to join for a modest $5 ticket fee.

Friday night will feature time trials and six heat races for the Super Late Models. Open Wheel Modifieds will be featured as the support class and will compete for $500 to win in an unsanctioned event.

On Saturday night, the Race of Champions, the Manufacturer’s Dash, and three consolation events will be held for the Super Late Models. Open Wheel Modifieds will be featured as the support class and will compete for $750 to win in an unsanctioned event.

Ticket purchasing is once again being simplified this year with the assistance of the title sponsor for the event, O'Reilly Auto Parts. General admission tickets will be available at neighborhood O'Reilly Auto Parts retail stores. Adult general admission for Friday night is $20 for adults, children age 7-11 $10, and children 6 and under are free. Adult general admission for Saturday night is $25, children age 7-11 $12.50, and children 6 and under are free.

Reserved tickets can be ordered from the offices of Gibson Racing or at the track. Reserved front stretch seating is priced at $50 for the event.

Credit cards will be accepted at all locations and by way of phone orders.

The entry fee for the 14th Annual O'Reilly Show-Me 100 is $225. An on-site campground is available free of charge, but no electric hook-ups are available. For additional information and to see a seating diagram visit the track website at www.westplains-speedway.com or call the business offices at (870) 994-7447.

Back