Fain Flies to First Feature Win

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By J M Hallas

Lubbock, Tx., (March 11th, 2011) Tuscola’s Tyler Fain scored his first ever IMCA Southern Sportmod feature win Friday night at Lubbock’s Lady Luck Speedway, Beat the Heat 2011, on the 1/4 mile, high-banks. Fain, who started on the pole, then fell back to third, overcame the set back and retook the top spot from Brandon Smith. From there the 19 year old driver held off Austin Junod, John Vasquez jr. and Kenneth Graves the final laps, after a late caution, for the big win.

"It was really exciting to win my first feature.” said Fain. “ It was a great night. Even after I fell back to third I was able to stay calm because I knew I had a good car. I changed up the line I was running after I got passed and it really made the car better and I was able to make my way back to the front. The last caution with four laps to go really made me nervous but I was able to hit my marks and drive to the checkered flag”

"I will never forget this night.” added his proud father, Tommy. “ It was a great
accomplishment for him and he drove a great race. He really has progressed with his driving skills over the last two years.”

The young Fain, who follows in his dads footsteps, has been on the doorstep since starting his Sportmod racing career on his sixteenth birthday, driving the God is Awesome, Hanner Supercenter, Cal-Tex Freight Brokerage, Air1.com, Ed’s Performance powered, Big Chief Chassis.

Coming up through the ranks of the Go-Karts and Mini Stocks, Fain has brought home checkered flags several times in other classes with two championships(2005 Abilene Raceway Park, Go-Karts, 2006 Abilene Speedway, Jr. Mini Stocks) to his credit.

Fain, who usually runs at Lady Luck Speedway on Friday nights and Abilene Speedway on Saturday has also tried his hand at several big shows including the IMCA Southern Sportmod Nationals and Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track’s, Texas World Dirt Track Championships.

For more team info; www.godisawesomeracing.net

Back