farewell and thanks for the memories

jt78

disabled but able ;)
it's been made clear to me today by my doctor that if i want my amputated arm to heal to where i'm not in daily pain, even after 6 years, that i need to stop racing. i've been making it worse by agrivating the ripped up nerves and muscles by racing my multi. it's time to realize that i can't do it any more and i'm going to miss it. i have great memories and photos and write ups of my carreer in racing and i will never forget all the wonderful guys and gals in the pits that have helped me out or just visited to talk awhile.

i want to personaly say thanks to Dustin Adams and his dad Dean, Brian Keen, Ray Statler, Tom Dickerman, Jason Kieth, Bob Thoman, Joey Boyd, Jeremy Boyer, Derek and Kara King and their dad, Tommy Worley Jr., and the Barks family, plus all the other multi drivers that have supported me.

i started racing in 1988 in stock cars until 1994 . then i raced mara and namars midgets in 1995 until 1999. i won rookie of the year in 1995 in the midgets. lost my arm in 2000. tried to come back to racing in 2004 in the affordable and fast and exciting mini sprints where i've , for the most part, kept my nose clean and had a blast racing at farmington speedway in front of a great crowd and awssum competition. after starting 18th and finishing 10th this past saturday i was really pleased with myself. so i guess i can go out on a good note. i can tell my grand kids alot of stories about racing here. hehe.

by the way, my car and trailer and all my spares are for sale. no parting out. all at once. if anyone from farmington is interested let me know and we can make a deal. it's a great car and faster than what i've been able to do with it because of my 1 handed driving.

gonna take up golf :eek: :D
bye everyone.

jim t 7t8 multi

p.s.- if anyone knows the track photographer please tell him to pm me. i'd like to get some pics from him. thanks.

Best of luck

Jim... I want to wish you the best of luck in whatever you do and I hope the healing process on your arm improves.Gonna miss your old ugly mug at the track!!! LOL.

Frank Higgins

Best of luck to you Jim. I know alot of racer's that if they can't race they don't even watch. I hope one way or another you will stay within the sport. Alot of fans, and friends will miss you. You had a very hard decision, I think it was a good one for you.
Good luck in all you do.

Jim, you are a true asset to the track and our entire racing community!! You will always be remembered and appreciated for your hard work and efforts.

Attachments

• Jim Tickle.JPG
    Jim Tickle.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 247
I am having someone scan the picture you had wanted from the Fan Club banquet two years ago. Let me know where I can send it to, or stop by the trailer if you come down to watch the races. Sorry to hear you have to give up something you love doing.

We hope to see you come back to the races. I know you would rather race, but you still can be an asset to the sport as a fan.

its always been good times with you at the track. i am sorry that you now have to give up racing. you have done one heck of a job of racing and still being competive with your setbacks. i hope you will still be able to come to the track and still be involved with everyone. you have great sportmanship on and off the track. we need alot more ppl like you in this world..maybe you can sell the car to someone that you can enjoy and help them. i know if i had to quit i would be the best chief...lol.. hope to still see you at the track.

Hi Jim;

We don't want to see you leave racing any more than you want to leave.

Consider this: Keep your car on the track by sponsoring (and mentoring) a young man or lady. I'm sure you have someone out there who worships the ground you walk on (or the ground you race on). Just think you'd still be involved in the sport you love.

When I got too old to race, I couldn't stand it. But now I enjoy helping and watching Tom race even more than when I raced myself.

I never concidered you handicaped, in fact with your attitude you have an advantage over a lot of the drivers.

Hope to see you still in the pits and enjoying life.

Wendell Dickerman

Sorry to see you get out of the sport.

hey jim,

I am really sorry to see u have to leave the sport. I a,m really going to miss you at the track. Everytime i talked to you, you were always in a good mood. No matter what happens..you always look at the better side. I just wish everyone could be that way. Thanks for the great memories of you at the track. I hope you still come to the races..It would not be the same without you. thanks

thanks,

Landon

You are great Insipiration to the rest of us!

Hey Jim

I have seen you around alot yet talked to you little, though all in all you are a great person and Inspiriration to all those who do not think they can. You did under the conditions of your handicap, though in light of that it shows a true person with the love for racing and that no matter what the circumstances if one has the will to suceed he can do so. I hope you keep coming to the track, your presence will be missed if gone though you will always be in our thoughts....

Adam

Jim,

I'm sorry to hear you must stop racing, but I completely understand. Your story is an inspirational one and I'm glad I've gotten to see you race.

The photo below was taken Saturday night, just before it got too dark for me to shoot. (From the top row of the bleachers, so no flash!) Anyway, I wasn't going to post it as its a bit too blurry, and I figured I'd just get another one of you later in the season. But, since that won't be happening, here it is anyway.

Best of luck and God bless,
Tom

Attachments

• 04_18_6.JPEG
    04_18_6.JPEG
    84.5 KB · Views: 169
thanks tom (axeman) for that pic. i love it. the blurryness really represents the speed we are traveling well. thanks millsey for the pic in the pits too. special thanks to all of you who replied to this thread and left me pm's. you all will be in my thoughts daily and especially on saturdays. i will try to visit the pits from time to time to say hi and enjoy watching the races. when i come i will be in the pits. take care everyone.
jim

p.s.- car is still for sale

Jim so sorry to hear of your difficulties at this time and want to wish you only the best for things to come. You have been an asset to SFCR and a role model for our future drivers. Always enjoyed watching you competing with others, I find you a good sportsman and fans look up to you. What ever the out come just wanted you to know that you'll be missed from competing with racing. You have the respect and admiration of your fans. God Bless and take care of yourself.

Back