Farmer City loses Dirtcar Sanctioning

Does anyone know the reasons behind it? This will be a bad deal for the track,fans and drivers!!!

This has happened at several tracks across the area throughout the years. If they know there running short why go ahead and write em? Very costly move on management part !!!

DIRTcar Racing Terminates Sanctioning of JK Promotions

CONCORD, N.C. - DIRTcar Racing terminated its sanctioning with JK Promotions dba Farmer City Raceway after Hammer's failure to fulfill obligations following the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series event last month at Farmer City (Ill.) Raceway.
World Racing Group also terminated its relationship with JK Promotions for weekly DIRTcar sanctioning, the July 6 Summer Nationals "Hell Tour" event, and the World of Outlaws Late Model Series event on Sept. 14.
DIRTcar has taken this action because of JK Promotions failure to pay the financial obligations of the event at Farmer City Raceway, including the purse prize money, expenses and event fees.
DIRTcar weekly State and Nationals points earned prior to the termination will be not be affected.

You still need an Escrow Account of 20 to 40 thousand dollars,just to get a WoO Sprint race????????? I'm glad I went twice last year,both shows were effing great!!!!!

Yes. Why some people do not realize the amount of money involved in putting these shows on. Not only do they have a purse to guarantee but also a so called.......fee. Some dont like it when a racetrack calls a rain out when a special shows comes to town but there is alot of money at risk and i dont blame them when they do call a show if they feel weather wont cooperate or they wont make money.

is that why schatz only got $6000 instead of $10,000!

No. A midweek WoO sprint car show pays less purse all the way through than a weekend show does. It's a deal WoO makes with tracks to get them to run a midweek show. They'll do it with a track that's located between two weekend shows. Their reasoning is the teams have to drive by anyway so they don't have any more travel expenses. I don't know if the sanction is lower as well. It SHOULD be, but I don't know that. Teams aren't that thrilled with it but they have little choice if they're running for points.

In this situation I don't know if the WoO paid the drivers or they just got stiffed.

Back