Farmington INFO?

fastjimmy35

Is farmington on? Whats the weather like there. Do you think they can get it in?

I work in Park hills and it is pouring!!!! If they were smart they would cancel so they wont have a huge mess!!!!

It wasn't 10 minutes after I made that post I got a phone call from Larry telling me the races were cancelled... It has been pouring here ever since... I imagine Saturday's races are in major jeopardy also.... They won't race on Sunday either.

I personally don't think that they would've gotten anymore of a fan draw on Friday night than Sunday. At least on Sunday, the fans that do have a clue as to what's going on would know that there's more money being paid out on the 2nd night and maybe a bigger car draw, so if they could only afford to go to 1 night they might have that to help them decide which to go to. As it is, the bigger car pay out is Saturday, the night that they don't have a problem drawing fans anyway. The way I see it is the fans that don't go to the Sunday show of a 2 day show on a holiday weekend are probably the same people that aren't gonna go to both days anyway. Saturday is the night that the track has the most competition for fans from other area tracks and they don't seem to have too much of a problem and I do believe that there are more St. Louis area tracks running on Friday than Sunday not to mention Doe Run down here on Friday night. So I'm not sure where they thought that they were gonna get those extra fans other than maybe Fredricktown because they closed down for this weekend which wouldn't have hurt them on Sunday. I can see not wanting to run on a regular Sunday like this year on 4th of July weekend but doesn't make to much sense to me on a holiday weekend, less tracks to compete with and the only track that they would be competing with for sprint cars would've been Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, IN.

Just my 2 cents.

Back