Fastrak Champions Series New Midwest Region “A Hit”

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Carnesville GA

The debut of the Fastrak Champions Series new Mid West Region was nothing less than spectacular. “I have had calls all day stated Series Founder Stan Lester”. Every call has been more than complimentary of the Series Officials, drivers, crews and yes, Dirt Hound. It sounds like everyone had a great time and saw some awesome racing. After talking with John Barr this afternoon he assured me the Fastrak Cars ran the entire track during the feature event. John simply stated, “they were passing everywhere”. I am really proud of Kevin, Scott and Sean for working so hard there and it looks like their hard worked paid off. I am also very appreciative of Mel Kinnard of Montgomery County Speedway for him allowing us to race there. Mel being a former driver understands the cost of racing as well as anyone and he understands the concept of Fastrak.

When I got the call last year form Kevin and Scott I had no interest in developing an affiliate Series in the Mid West for 2005. My goal from day one was to develop the Mid East Region along with the Southern Region, then move into other areas. There was just something about Kevin and Scott that just “felt” right. I don’t think I would have done it with anyone else to be perfectly honest. Although we are business associates the relationship feels a lot more like family. I just knew these were the right people and after last nights event they have more than proved that to be the case. The Ferguson’s and Sean Franklin are the right people, in the right place, at the right time. I really look forward to our future together.

My sincere gratitude goes out to all the families and drivers and crews for their participation last night. I really do thank each and every one of them. It is very humbling to think that as of next weekend there will be 3 Fastrak Regions up and running and all within a little over a year. Of course as more people like Rocky Estep, Kevin and Scott Ferguson and Sean Franklin come along, things will keep progressing. From 5 cars at the first race in the Southern Region last April 3rd to more than 80 members now in 3 different Regions it almost seems impossible. I again am just very appreciative of everyone. Not just in the Mid West Region but all three Regions. Without the drivers there would be no Series. I thank you.

Looks like 2006 will being another year of continued growth for the Fastrak Series as they move into “weekly sanctioning” plus add some additional classes to their venue. We plan on having 6 Regions for 2006 and also the “weekly sanctioning” program will be one of the most exciting programs race tracks have seen in years states Lester. It will of course include a Track Champion/Regional Champion Points fund in addition to the “National Championship, but in an entirely different twist Lester Plans on introducing a program that includes participating tracks but he declined to let us in on it at this time. It’s just such a different plan than anything that is in the market today I would rather keep it under my hat for now. The tracks will see it very soon. I just think its time for the track owners and promoters out there to benefit from a “Touring Series” in more ways than just coming there to put on a show. This plan will do that.

For more news concerning the “little series”, Fastrak is in the development stages of producing a line of food products that will compliment the Series drivers, marketing partners and tracks. A line of bottled water and meat skins will be marketed Nationwide starting later this year. My family and I have been in the wholesale grocery business for over 50 years. My Dad started it a long time ago, I joined later on and then my Brother Don. Don Lester will be in charge of Fastrak Foods International LLC and our marketing plan is to include our driver’s names in a particular Region on the product labels. As a matter of fact the graphics work for the labels is almost completed and the line is coming along very well.

Fastrak TV is also being developed for the Series. The name has been reserved and severs purchased and the logistics of the program are being put in place. Everyone will be able to see the shows via the internet stated Lester. This is a really exciting program for us. With the capabilities of the internet this day and time fastraktv.com should be a significant part of our program for possibly even later this year.

We are doing everything within our reach and more to market not only the Series but our drivers, marketing partners and tracks. Everyone is important to us in racing and we still believe it’s a family. If we use the term Marketing Partners then we have to live up to that term and market people. Everyone is important and we just choose to work hard and market them as much as possible.

www.fastrakracing.com

Back