Fastrak Late Models $20,000 weekend, this Friday and Saturday

racer20

For Immediate Release:
7/17/06
Headquarters
Carnesville GA

Fastrak Dirt Late Models, The Smith-Carlson duel continues this weekend at the Fastrak $20,000.00 Double Header. Oak Level VA Friday July 21st, Wytheville VA Saturday July 22nd

Last time these two saw the Oak Level Raceway in VA Chris Carlson, currently leading both Mid West and Mid East Region points, led almost every lap except the one that counted the most, the last one. Carlson even led most of the last lap but not coming out of turn four. Buddy Smith in the infamous number 08 did a little “bump and run” coming off turn four for the checkered flag and the feature win. Carlson said later, “I just kept getting higher and higher each time in that corner. I thought I was as high as I could get because my right rear quarter was actually hitting the wall everytime. I saw that 08 car there again and again. Coming off 4 with just a little help, he won the main. I intend to go back this time and take the win, not another second place”.

Then the dirt model series heads to Wythe Raceway in Wytheville VA the following night. The last time Fastrak was at Wythe a series competitor was found with illegal parts after winning the event. That competitor was fined $1000 and barred for the remainder of the year as well as his illegal parts being confiscated to be destroyed by the series officials. “We did catch illegal heads and an illegal intake” stated series National Tech Director Rick Ellison. “We are not going to tolerate cheating in the Fastrak Series. Cheating is one thing that can really destroy the entire program of crate engine racing and Stan Lester, the CEO has given me the green light to do whatever it takes to catch these guys. We are working on new tools everyday to catch people with and we intend on doing just that”.

Several competitors from the South are making plans to attend this event. Lee Cooper, currently leading the Fastrak Southern Region points, Randall Jordan and Ronnie Tullis are just some of the confirmed teams headed that way. Everyone likes the double header weekends Fastrak provides especially considering the fuel prices this day and time. “Motels rooms are cheaper than a tank of fuel and a lot less wear and tear on equipment and people” said Regional Director Jody Palmer. I didn’t know at first if I would like the Double Header” weekends said Palmer. “Stan set most of these up and they really have worked out every well for the Officials and all of our teams”. Fastrak is allowing this weekend as two points events for both Southern and Mid East Regions.

The last race at Wythe produced a first time winner this year, Brandon Umberger, a local from the Wythe Raceway Track following the technical disqualification of the illegal car that finished in front of him. Umberger and the 44 car of Shanon Buckingham of Morristown TN hit several times in the closing laps of the main event. Both cars went home with heavy body damage at the end of the night. There are several teams coming from Bulls Gap TN as the Gap will be closed Saturday. Several more teams are coming preparing for the “Pro Late Model Nationals 3rd Annual Event” coming Aug 31st and Sept 1st. “The Pro Late Model Nationals grow every year” said Wythe Raceway owner Fred Brown. “Stan and I have been working on this years event immediately after the event took place last year. I want to see this grow into eventually 100 cars being there every year for the Pro Late Model Nationals. It grew by 28% last year and we look for more of the same this year. I was really surprised about our growth last year. That was the same weekend they announced the ‘gas shortage’. We just knew the car count would be terrible, but our thanks to all the teams that showed because they actually made it larger than even before. That was pretty impressive. These teams love to race. Stan and I, along with Joe Lovern of Bulls Gap took the $5000.00 to win purse and changed it to a $3000.00 to win purse paying $300 to start but much thicker through the entire field. Fastrak now considers this their National purse and all the teams like it more. Only one man wins, but everyone needs as much as possible. This takes care of everyone. I just appreciate Stan being willing to make the change. I know for marketing purposes he really wanted a $5000 to win purse but instead he chose to take care of the teams instead. I look for this year to be better than ever”.

Lots of things will be happening this weekend:

One MILLION IN BONUS BUCKS from Maypole Chevrolet in Toccoa GA.
Fireworks at both events.
Tennis balls to the “fans in the stands” with cash in them.
Driver introductions on the front straight
Autograph session
Qualifying, heats, last chance and 50 lap main event.

Oak Level Raceway- Friday July 21st
www.oaklevelraceway.com
Contact Info: (336) 349-8280
Pit Gate Opens at 4:00
Tech Opens at 5:00
Hot Laps 6:30
$2000 to win- $200 to start

Wythe Raceway – Saturday July 22nd
www.wytheraceway.com
Contact Info: weekday (276) 223-9804
Pit Gate Opens at 3:00
Tech Opens at 4:30
Hot Laps 6:30
$2000 to win - $200 to start

www.fastrakracing.com

Fastrak Racing Series Marketing Partners:

Goodyear Racing Tires, General Motors Performance Parts, Maypole Chevrolet, Ohlins Technologies, Sunoco Fuels, Bearden Oil Company, Duralite Wheels,
CTC Photos. PPM Racing Products, Rapture Racing Carbs, Racing News, Raceiver.

Manufacturer Cup Participants:

Mastersbilt Racing Chassis, Rocket Racing Chassis, TNT Racing Chassis

Back