Felker Powers to Pair of Fourth-Place Finishes to Earn Six Top Fives in Last 10 Races

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. (July 2, 2013) - Four was the number of the weekend for Andrew Felker.
During the two nights of action, he qualified fourth once, finished fourth in his heat race both nights and placed fourth in the feature on Friday at Bloomington Speedway in Bloomington, Ind., and Sunday at Angell Park Speedway.
"I was fourth all weekend pretty much," he said. "I've got to step it up a little bit."
The two fourth-place finishes give Felker six top fives in his last 10 races.
"It can definitely be an up-and-down sport," he said. "Being top five night in and night out will help us throughout the year. Hopefully we can pick up a few more spots and get us some wins though."
The weekend started with the POWRi Lucas Oil National Dirt Midget Series Ford EcoBoost Challenge on Friday at Bloomington Speedway, where Felker qualified ninth quickest and maneuvered from seventh to fourth in his heat race to advance to the main event.
"It was probably the roughest track we've run on," he said. "I was just trying to survive, miss the holes."
Felker had a different issue plague him during the feature, when he moved from seventh to fourth.
"I had a fitting break on the rear end so it was puking all the rear end grease onto the brakes," he said. "I thought we might have a shot at the win, but I had to ride the brakes nonstop to keep them cleaned off."
With Saturday's Ford EcoBoost Challenge rained out at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind., the team headed to Angell Park Raceway for the second straight Sunday.
"We went out next to last so I was happy with a fourth place during qualifying," he said.
Felker again advanced from seventh to fourth during his heat race to start on the outside front row of the main event. With the polesitter jumping to the early lead, Felker maintained the runner-up position for the first 20 laps before he made an attempt at taking the lead via a slide job in turns one and two.
"I kept making up a lot of ground in (turns) three and four, but kept losing it in (turn) two," he said. "Around Lap 22 I went in there and couldn't get in deep enough and he drove around the outside of us. I just killed all of my momentum and that allowed (Zach) Daum and (Brad) Kuhn to get around me going down the backstretch. I felt like we had a car good enough to win.
"Probably the best place to pass was (turns) three and four, but I was really struggling on the other end. The track was real hard and slick. There wasn't a whole lot to get a hold of in that end. In (turns) three and four there was a pretty good cushion so I could run that hard."
Felker held on to record his second straight fourth-place finish.
He will be in action Friday and Saturday at Belle-Clair Speedway in Belleville, Ill., for the Belleville BASH with the POWRi Lucas Oil National Dirt Midget Series.
QUICK RESULTS -
June 28 - Bloomington Speedway in Bloomington, Ind. - Qualifying: 9; Heat race: 4 (7); Feature: 4 (7).
June 30 - Angell Park Speedway in Sun Prairie, Wis. - Qualifying: 4; Heat race: 4 (7); Feature: 4 (2).
SEASON STATS -
21 races, 1 win, 10 top fives, 16 top 10s, 19 top 15s, 21 top 20s
UP NEXT -
Friday and Saturday at Belle-Clair Speedway in Belleville, Ill., for the Belleville BASH with the POWRI Lucas Oil National Dirt Midget Series
MEDIA LINKS -
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AndrewFelker11a
VIDEO -
Here is a link to XSANTV's in-car footage of Felker finishing second at Jacksonville Speedway in Jacksonville, Ill., on April 26: http://youtu.be/tSwLTs5L1Zk
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Engler Machine & Tool, Inc.
Established in 1980, Engler Machine & Tool, Inc., builds fuel injection systems, custom made pulling chassis, gears, shafts, specialty CNC products, racing engines and some custom machining. For more information, visit http://www.EnglerMachine.com.
"I've been with Engler Machine & Tool for three and a half years now and you can't get better customer service than Engler," Felker said. "I wouldn't drive a race car without Engler injection on it."

Felker would also like to thank Auto Xpress, 66 Truck & Foreign Salvage, Fontana Automotive, MelMark Pipe & Supply, Schluckebier Farms, Pro Powder Coating, CSI Shocks, All-Pro Auto Interiors, Aggressive Graphics, Momo's Racing Engines, KBR Performance, Weld Wheels, KMK Enterprises, Heath II, Wilwood, Maxim Racewear and Leading Edge Composites for their continued support.

Back