Forler Battles for 10th-Place Result at Salina Highbanks Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - SALINA, Okla. (Aug. 21, 2013) - There was a missing ingredient for Logan Forler on Saturday at Salina Highbanks Speedway.

"We worked on the car all night," he said. "We were struggling to get the engine to run just right. We were just a little off all night."

Forler advanced from fifth to fourth place in his Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour heat race, which put him 16th in points - the final driver to lock into the feature.

"The heat race went ok," he said. "The car was terrible, but we ended up holding on to at least lock ourselves in. After the heat race we made a big adjustment on the car and it didn't help our issues."

Forler worked his way into the top 10 during the feature and made a late push for a top five before a couple of miscues in the closing laps relegated him to a 10th-place finish.

"We got by a few cars and run up to seventh and I made a couple of bad choices in the last couple of laps and ended up 10th," he said. "It isn't what we're looking for, but we'll keep digging."

Forler and the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour will tackle I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark., on Thurday before making their first time trip to Lexington 104 Speedway in Lexington, Tenn., on Saturday.

"Hopefully it will level the playing field and everyone will be on the same page," he said.

Forler ranks fifth in the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour championship standings.

QUICK RESULTS -

Aug. 17 - Salina Highbanks Speedway in Salina, Okla. - Heat race: 4 (5); Feature: 10 (16).

SEASON STATS -

49 races, 7 wins, 20 top fives, 31 top 10s, 37 top 15s, 43 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Thursday at I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark., and Saturday at Lexington 104 Speedway in Lexington, Tenn., with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/forlerracing

VIDEO -

Here is video of Forler's Victory Lane interview at Ark-La-Tex Speedway in Vivian, La., on June 16: http://youtu.be/3E7183rPEZM

APPAREL -

Forler has t-shirts ranging from adult small to 3XL for sale at his race trailer at every race.

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Cope's Pharmacy

Cope's Pharmacy is owned by Bill Cope and based in Orting, Wash.

"He's kind of been in the racing deal for a long time, but hasn't sponsored us until this year," Forler said. "It's a family deal that really helps me out."

Forler would also like to thank Steve Forler Trucking,Lucas Oil Products, Griffith Truck & Equipment, Precise Racing Products, Impact Race Products, Schoenfeld Headers, Rod End Supply, LRB Race Products, PGH Excavating, MEI Excavating, DMI, CSI Shocks, Kinsler Fuel Injection and Maxim for their continued support.

Back