Forler Earns Hard Charger Award at I-30, Top Five at Lexington 104 Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - LEXINGTON, Tenn. (Aug. 28, 2013) - Despite tough track conditions, Logan Forler put together a pair of top 10s last weekend with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour to remain fifth in the championship standings.

Forler opened the weekend on Thursday at I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark., where he advanced from fifth to third place in his heat race. That locked him into the feature, which he started 14th.

"The car was pretty good," he said. "We were doing a lot of different stuff that night. I think if we would have went back to some of the stuff we were doing earlier in the year we would have been better."

Forler was patient the first half of the race on the extremely slick quarter-mile track. However, he picked up a half-dozen positions in the second half of the race to finish eighth and earn the Hard Charger Award.

"It was a good night," he said. "We saved our car until about Lap 15 and made sure we had something left for the last 15 laps and that's when everybody started falling off."

Forler and the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour made their debut at Lexington 104 Speedway on Saturday.

"It was really hard to pass there, too," he said. "It was really, really fast and everybody was pretty much the same speed."

Forler won his heat race from outside the front row, which earned him enough points to advance to the feature redraw. However, he pulled the highest number - eight - in the random draw to line up on the outside of the fourth row for the main event.

"We made some wrong decisions for the feature and the car got worse," he said. "I didn't push the issue on anything. I honestly felt like we were more of a seventh- or eighth-place car, but when I could hear people coming I made sure to take that line going into the next corner; just made sure I held my own and didn't lose what I already had.

Forler ended up with a fourth-place finish, which was his 21st top five of the season.

He and the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour are slated to compete at Jackson Speedway in Jackson, Minn., on Friday and Saturday.

QUICK RESULTS -

Aug. 22 - I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark. - Heat race: 3 (5); Feature: 8 (14).

Aug. 24 - Lexington 104 Speedway in Lexington, Tenn. - Heat race: 1 (2); Feature: 4 (8).

SEASON STATS -

51 races, 7 wins, 21 top fives, 33 top 10s, 39 top 15s, 45 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Friday and Saturday at Jackson Speedway in Jackson, Minn., with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/forlerracing

VIDEO -

Here is video of Forler's Victory Lane interview at Ark-La-Tex Speedway in Vivian, La., on June 16: http://youtu.be/3E7183rPEZM

APPAREL -

Forler has t-shirts ranging from adult small to 3XL for sale at his race trailer at every race.

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Lucas Oil Products

Based in Corona, Calif., Lucas Oil Products manufacturers top of the line oils, additives, lubricants, grease, cleaning products and more. For additional information, visit http://www.LucasOil.com.

"Lucas Oil Products are great products," Forler said. "I've never had an issue with any of their stuff. The motors always run really well and when they come apart to be refreshened they look brand new. They have a lot of good cleaning and grease products besides the oil as well."

Forler would also like to thank Steve Forler Trucking, Cope's Pharmacy, Griffith Truck & Equipment, Precise Racing Products, Impact Race Products, Schoenfeld Headers, Rod End Supply, LRB Race Products, PGH Excavating, MEI Excavating, DMI, CSI Shocks, Kinsler Fuel Injection and Maxim for their continued support.

Back