Four shows in three states next for Larry Shaw Racing BST Series

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
FORT MORGAN, Colo. (June 2) – Four races at tracks in three states are next on the schedule for Larry Shaw Racing Blood, Sweat and Tears Series drivers.

The IMCA Modified Colorado tour is at I-76 Speedway in Fort Morgan for a Saturday, June 5 show while BST Kansas action opens on Sunday, June 6 at Thomas County Speedway in Colby.

Lincoln County Raceway’s Run For The Money Special does double duty as a tour event when the BST Nebraska series begins on Tuesday, June 8 at North Platte. I-80 Speedway at Greenwood, Neb., hosts BST drivers in conjunction with its $2,022 to win Charlie Clark Memorial on Wednesday, June 9.

Pit gates and the grandstand at I-76 open at 3:30 p.m. Hot laps are at 5:30 p.m. and racing starts at 6 p.m. Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods are also on the program, running with local sportmods in a race that is not sanctioned and not for IMCA points.

Grandstand admission is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors 62 and over and $4 for kids 6-12, with five and under free. Pit passes are $25.

More information is available by calling 970 867-2101 and at the track website, www.I-76 speedway.com.

Thomas County makes up IMCA Modified, IMCA Sunoco Stock Car and IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock features rained out on May 23 at the start of the Sunday show. Stocks and Hobbies are also part of the scheduled program, racing for all applicable points.

Colby opens the pit gates at 4 p.m. and the grandstand at 5:30 p.m. Hot laps are at 6 p.m. and racing is at 7 p.m.

Adult admission to the grandstand runs $10. Kids 6-12 are $5 and five and under get in free. Pit passes are $25. The number to call for more information is 785 443-6174.
Features at I-76 and Thomas County pay $750 to win.

NebraskaLand National Bank adds to the feature purses at Lincoln County, where Modifieds race for $900 to win, Stocks chase a $550 check and Hobbies vie for $325. Northern SportMods join the program for the fifth annual special, also racing for $325 to win. All applicable IMCA points will be awarded in each division.

Pit gates open at 4 p.m., the grandstand opens at 5 p.m., hot laps are at 6 p.m. and racing starts at 7 p.m. at North Platte. Grandstand ad¬mission is $12 for adults and $6 for kids, with five and under admitted free. Pit passes are $20.

More information is available by calling 308 530-1578.

The second annual Clark Memorial at I-80 is a qualifier for the 2011 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot. The leader at the halfway point of the 44-lap feature earns $222 while heat winners pocket $122.

National, ButlerBuilt Central Region, Allstar Performance State and special series points will be awarded. Hobby Stocks race for $522 to win along with national, Probe Industries Northern Region and Allstar State points.

Pit gates open at 4 p.m. and the grandstand opens at 6 p.m. Hot laps are at 7 p.m. and racing starts at 7:30 p.m. Grandstand admission is $12 for adults, $5 for juniors ages 6-15, and five and under get in free. Pit passes are $25.

More information about the Charlie Clark Memorial is available at the www.i-80speedway.com website.

BST Colorado feature winners thus far are David Murray Jr., Matt Brack and Dominic Ursetta. Consistent Eddie Belec leads the points race with the series on the cusp of midway.

Separate point standings will be kept for Colorado, Kansas and Nebraska BST tours and each will crown its own champion.

Larry Shaw Racing BST Colorado Series Top 20 Point Standings – 1. Eddie Belec, Lakewood, 108; 2. Will Brack, Mead, 100; 3. Dominic Ursetta, Arvada, 96; 4. Brad Boyer, Monument, 95; 5. Zach Hilzer, Fort Morgan, 93; 6. John Hansen, Brush, 88; 7. Brett Smith, Log Lane Village, and John Burrow Jr., Denver, both 80; 9. Aaron Monie, Littleton, and David Murray Jr., Oberlin, Kan., both 76; 11. Don Shepherd, Boulder, 75; 12. Matt Brack, Mead, 74; 13. D.J. Banks, Brush, and Joe Mullins, Boulder, both 70; 15. Garrett Sporhase, Holyoke, 69; 16. Brandy Hansen, Brush, 68; 17. Jeremy Frenier, Fort Morgan, 64; 18. Jason Brees, Strasburg, 48; 19. Adam Hilton, Erie, 45; 20. Kevin Massey, Brush, 40.

Back