Frankie Martin

jpugh

Looks like Frankie Martin could be looking at two track championship this year. He is leading at both Belle Clair and Highland and it looks like all he needs is to stay out of trouble and he could do it.
At Belle Clair it would be a back-to-back championship.
Why hasn't anyone one else caught this? Don't Matter is not tooting the horn?
Good luck this weekend at Highland and next weekend at Belle Clair.

jpugh, good point, see Late Model driver of the year noms. Frankie and his wife are very nice people and take time out to talk to the fans, and they are sincere when they talk to you, they don't have that look away to someone else while you're talking them demeanor about them. Frankie would be an excellent choice for LM driver of the year.

samIam

Thank you for the compliments. We have been blessed with meeting alot of good friends and wonderful people at the races. It's going to be a really long winter!!!!!!!!!

Frankie is 92 points ahead of Dean Hoffman at Belle Clair and has been steady over the last three weeks. He has ran in the top three in that timeframe.
Anything can happen in racing, but it is good to see one of the nice guys get something good for a change.
I am just making a point and not congradulating him.

Frankie Martin will be a two track champion in 2003.
He has won the Highland track championship by 13 points over Tom Carson. This is his first championship at Highland.
At Belle Clair, he is assured of his second consecutive championship as he closest contrender is Vince Grondzki. Kenny Helmick is done for the year. He lost the engine at I-55 a few weeks ago. Dean Hoffman began running his Modified last Saturday at Highalnd and may not go back to the Late Model for Belle Clair. Besides Hoffman can not catch Martin as he did not run Belle Clair last Friday and fell farther behind it the points chase.
He is also fourth in UMP National points.
Congradulations Frankie Martin on have a good year.

Congrats Frankie on your championship at Highland you really deserve it. You are great clean racecar driver and a very friendly one too. You work hard every week. Good Luck at Belleville!!:)

I am not sure about that, but I won't argue the point. With Dean out and in the Mod that will give Frankie the championship. Now he can try to win the season championship race to his totals.
I am sure that Frankie would like to still compete with the same drivers that he ran against to get to this point, but things change during the year to get to this point and there will be a few less drivers at Belle Clair this Friday night in the Late Model division.

Hey Don't Matter - No party at Belle Clair just Highland?

Back