Friday the 13th!

Swappin Paint

Good luck to you all! Hopfully the 4 letter forecast will not be right and we will have a wild night of racing! Too bad we won't see a full moon. That would make it even better.

I know none of ya'll are superstitious. :D

NO… no superstitions at all in racin’, right? NONE for me!!!

I’m not superstitious what so ever…. I just have an allergic reaction to green paint and dye, REALLY! That’s why I CAN’T have it one the racecar anymore! I’m sure I can make up something that sounds good as proof if ya’ll don’t believe me.

Oh, and it’s an unnamed phobia, not fear of bad luck, that keeps me away from shelled peanuts at the track. It rumored among the psychiatric community that they’d name this new affliction cng-a-phobia!

I CHOOSE to observe the ancient Mythical custom of not eating chicken on Raceday. Those Myths were such wise people for their time. It’s in honor of them, not superstition that I follow this custom.

I know I’ve “told” people from time to time that 50/50 tickets bring bad luck for me and that’s why I’ll NEVER buy one at the track… That’s really not it. The REAL reason is, those tickets remind me of the tickets that come out of a ski-ball machine. Whenever I think of ski-ball it brings me much sadness and despair. <Sigh> I once had a promising professional ski-ball career in the works… A fingernail injury kept me from reaching my true potential.

It’s tears of happiness I cry when someone says, “Wow, that fender is still straight,” before I head out on the track. It’s pride that brings the tears, not the fact that I know that the “spirits of racing bad luck” have just been summoned to destroy that panel.

Happy Friday the 13th ya’ll.

This post brought to you by Folgers and a slow workday.

Back